Rivera: It takes 3-5 years to build a culture

Lets point something out to put things in context.  In 2017 when McVay turned around the rams a good part of that turnaround was seeing Jared Goff go from ultra bust to legit qb.  

But was Goff really that special?  Nope.  By all the leading metrics he didn't even rank top half of the league.  QBR put him at 21.  PFF grade was 18. 

I think it is very possible Haskins could perform at least as good as Goff.  We know we have the talent on defense.   So if delivers a goff like level why can't we hope for a winning record next year?  Is 9-7 really an expectation we can't hope for?

20 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Lets point something out to put things in context.  In 2017 when McVay turned around the rams a good part of that turnaround was seeing Jared Goff go from ultra bust to legit qb.  

But was Goff really that special?  Nope.  By all the leading metrics he didn't even rank top half of the league.  QBR put him at 21.  PFF grade was 18. 

I think it is very possible Haskins could perform at least as good as Goff.  We know we have the talent on defense.   So if delivers a goff like level why can't we hope for a winning record next year?  Is 9-7 really an expectation we can't hope for?

I think we could but everything needs to go our way.Good teams taking us lightly,playing clean disciplined football on both sides.Players playing well in the new schemes.That is a big hope after 2 decades of BS football under Snyder.Even Gibbs 2.0 was not impressive.I just hope for the best and expect the worst.Keeps me grounded ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, offbyone said:

I think 9-7 can happen if we stay really healthy. That hasn’t happened since what, 2005? 

On D, we know that we have a lot of talent on the DL & we have a talented SS. The rest is a ?

Edited by turtle28