Any Ideas for New Unis?

TOUCAN

On 6/5/2020 at 1:17 PM, turtle28 said:

I don't think teams do that bc they don't have different helmets they wear throughout the season. They usually just wear one helmet throughout the entire season.

But they could though. JMU and other college football teams have many different uni combos each year. Including helmets

4 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

But they could though. JMU and other college football teams have many different uni combos each year. Including helmets

True, I don't remember, did the Redskins have wear different helmets when they had those brown alternates when RG3 was the QB?

• Like 1

To give you an idea on the different combinations we could use if the league approved it. 

Here are some of the combinations JMU used last year (they are continually regarded as the best unis in FCS).

JMU's main colors are Purple and Gold. We can do the same type of thing with Burgundy and Gold

It's actually a pretty big thing now to find out which combination the are using for a game. JMU Football Twitter posts it before every game. 

Think of the increase in jersey/helmet sales alone by fans.

010618_NDSU_G2_13.jpg

2014-15JMUFB-William%20and%20Mary-141101

43253652_10157875775085760_1900053781828

40b5b080ee2d2d2e6fe37d7ab21cff93.jpg

5830d6a7666e5.image.jpg.62279e055fb2a2c0

5ba6ac5d6a95a.image.jpg?resize=947,630

DIu1WxAWsAAtYRP.jpg

p4xtdng3naz77tkiofgz

CtsJsYeXYAAPVfi.jpg:large

usa_today_9546277.0.jpg

sw1ranbgywpe6slvynyf

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Something about matte helmets that appeals to me

I think it would be great for this team. No flash matte helmets would be fire. I used to do autobody there are really awesome colors that have flops that would look really good in matte. I think change for this team with all the important behind the scene changes I think new unis would just really be good for this fan base.

Edited by ripsean21

So Oregon changes their unis every game and never wear the same uni twice. It pays when Nike is your sponsor and promotes these design changes. 

Unfortunately, the NFL has rules against the uniform changes, and they dont waiver from them much. There has to be requests put in way ahead of time for the change to be reviewed. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mike23md said:

So Oregon changes their unis every game and never wear the same uni twice. It pays when Nike is your sponsor and promotes these design changes. 

Unfortunately, the NFL has rules against the uniform changes, and they dont waiver from them much. There has to be requests put in way ahead of time for the change to be reviewed. 

Yeah it’s not something we’re gonna see this season. But hopefully year 2 or 3 who knows I think this fan base could use something new to go with the young roster maybe spark new life into the fans seeing new Jersey’s with players were actually proud of it has happened before to quote Lue from Major league 😂😂😂

Edited by ripsean21

6 hours ago, mike23md said:

Yeah, I remembered something like this. I think it's shortsighted of the NFL to do this as it would increase sales of jerseys, etc... Hopefully they change 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

We have a frigen Winner those are gold 🔥🔥🔥 and everything we need come on Danny!!!!!!

The only thing is that I don't like the all gold, too much gold. Has to be more burgundy and white in that one uniform.

Edited by turtle28

24 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The only think is that I don't like the all gold, too much gold. Has to be more burgundy and white in that one uniform.

I like all 3 that gold with that font,  burgundy numbers with no outline honestly I love all 3 they have a vintage new school look it’s a great mix

Edited by ripsean21

3 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I like all 3 that gold with that font,  burgundy numbers with no outline honestly I love all 3 they have a vintage new school look it’s a great mix

IMO we are Burgundy & Gold, not the other way around so I don’t like the prototypes that flip that around and have the gold be more dominant in a uniform.