Browns General Discussion

candyman93

37 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Desus And Mero Pass GIF by Bernie Sanders

We don’t need another 5’9 dude who’s meh.

Gimme some dudes with legit nfl physical traits.

We need a slot receiver though. DPJ and Cooper are clear outside guys. Schwartz and Bell are not shifty/savvy enough to get open from the slot & are more like #4 WR's that would be better on the outside.

We need a super quick dude that can run routes and separate against man coverage in the slot. We haven't had that in forever. I'd love to bring in either Braxton Berrios, Greg Dortch, or Scotty Miller on a cheap deal to be that guy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Honestly gives me some "meh" vibes. They had a historically elite pass rush and he was put in a position to be setup for success and IMO KC really exposed the entire secondary/back end when they held up against that pass rush. I think he's largely a byproduct of the elite Front 4.

We'll see I guess.

Really? Gardner was awesome in New Orleans too. He's only been in Philly since September of this year. He's got CB skills at the S position and honestly makes more sense for what we need than even Bates does. If we're going to spend big money on S, I'd rather spend it on CGJ. Not that I'd be mad with Bates, but I think CGJ is a better scheme-fit as the roll-down S/NCB that we don't really have.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

We need a slot receiver though. DPJ and Cooper are clear outside guys. Schwartz and Bell are not shifty/savvy enough to get open from the slot & are more like #4 WR's that would be better on the outside.

I think the plan is to have Bell and Njoku working in the slot primarily.  Right, wrong, whatever, that’s what they’ve invested in.

7 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

We need a super quick dude that can run routes and separate against man coverage in the slot. We haven't had that in forever. I'd love to bring in either Braxton Berrios, Greg Dortch, or Scotty Miller on a cheap deal to be that guy.

I’d take miller as he’s prolly the fastest in that group, but only if Grant isn’t here.  If he is, they’re all redundant.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think the plan is to have Bell and Njoku working in the slot primarily.  Right, wrong, whatever, that’s what they’ve invested in.

You might be right. Those two can't separate though...we need a shifty guy. We literally have no guys on the roster with above average quicks aside from Grant, who is 4'11 and 109 pounds.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d take miller as he’s prolly the fastest in that group, but only if Grant isn’t here.  If he is, they’re all redundant.

I think Grant's presence on the team (we're going to keep him) will prevent us from adding another WR.

X: DPJ/Woods
Y: Njoku/Bryant
Z: Cooper/Schwartz
H: Grant/Bell

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

You might be right. Those two can't separate though...we need a shifty guy. We literally have no guys on the roster with above average quicks aside from Grant, who is 4'11 and 109 pounds.

I think Grant's presence on the team (we're going to keep him) will prevent us from adding another WR.

Jesus what an unimpressive group lol 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Grant isn’t much of a WR. He’s a returner. That’s all. He doesn’t have good hands to be a WR. 

13 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Grant isn’t much of a WR. He’s a returner. That’s all. He doesn’t have good hands to be a WR. 

I would agree, but he's taking up a roster spot on the WR depth chart. I doubt we carry 7 WR's. Grant's spot on the team is secure, for better or for worse.

40 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I would agree, but he's taking up a roster spot on the WR depth chart. I doubt we carry 7 WR's. Grant's spot on the team is secure, for better or for worse.

Schwartz is probably gone if Berry can set his ego aside. 

Edited by sdrawkcab321

48 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Schwartz is probably gone if Berry can set his ego aside. 

Doubt it. He started to trend upwards and had a great game against TB before getting hurt. He’s 22 years old and has elite speed. He is gonna be on the roster. It’s not like we need to cut him to make room for a #6 WR. 

Doubt he ever becomes anything & I didn’t like the draft pick, but he’s a Brown in ‘23. 

43 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Doubt it. He started to trend upwards and had a great game against TB before getting hurt. He’s 22 years old and has elite speed. He is gonna be on the roster. It’s not like we need to cut him to make room for a #6 WR. 

Doubt he ever becomes anything & I didn’t like the draft pick, but he’s a Brown in ‘23. 

Why not just get Brandin Cooks who is what the Browns have been looking for and has experience with Watson then let Grant take over the super fast 3rd-4th WR role. I wouldn't be surprised if Schwartz didnt make it out of cut days in camp.