Browns General Discussion

candyman93

8 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I heard a rumor that the Browns are going to go 13-3 and win the Super Bowl. 

Curious, but with last year's expectations being set so high and missed so badly, this year might be the reverse (expectations set low and greatly exceeded).

14-3!

• Like 1

Still wondering if there are any FAs out there that the Browns have their eye on besides Clowney (which I dont think is going to happen)

Said it a month ago but it still holds true---I would really really like them to go sign Clay Mathews for some sort of experience and stability at LB..

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Clay would be cool, can play mike, olb, probably de in a pinch and rush  the pass. 

Vernon, garrett, Richardson and clay would be great on 3rd and long.

Yeah becayse at this point I just want anybody who can be a solid reliable veteran. I like the youth at the position, but man I dont trust this LB unit as far as I could throw them to stop high level rushing attacks. Especially the Ravens. Unless they are really gambling on them just getting tossed out there and praying one of them turns into a stud with experience.

I would trade a 5th to Tampa Bay for Kendall Beckwith. He’s probably the best backup LBer in the game right now and has WLB/MLB versatility. He’s better than BJ Goodson and gives us something we don’t have: a proven run stuffer that can thump with guards. 

That being said, I think we will be fine without a star LBer. If we get Clowney, our run defense will be excellent. Our biggest problem last year was schematically we were so weak in the alleys. We didn’t have any safeties with balls. We brought in 3 safeties with big balls. Say what you want about Delpit’s form, but he flies around without fear. He isn’t afraid to scream down an alley and take on a bruiser. And that’s what Karl Joseph and Sendejo make a living on. 

Our OLB play last year wasn’t good, but having a system where our DE’s flew up the field with zero contain, never playing with a true 4-3 alignment, and having two pillow biters at S made for a disasterous season defensively. 

Screw Steve Wilkes. Give me Freddy Kitchens over that clown. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I would trade a 5th to Tampa Bay for Kendall Beckwith. He’s probably the best backup LBer in the game right now and has WLB/MLB versatility. He’s better than BJ Goodson and gives us something we don’t have: a proven run stuffer that can thump with guards

Hell no! The dude hasn’t played in 2 years! Dude had an ok/decent season in ‘17 then got in in a car accident that messed up his ankle pretty good. Which has kept him out of ‘18 and ‘19. Goodson’s past ‘18 and ‘19 seasons were better than Brckwiths ‘17 season. You also have zero concerns with Goodson’s health either