The OLB Position

WindyCity

I have started to really look at areas of the team that need to be addressed moving forward and OLB is obviously an area for a 3-4 team that needs to be consistently addressed and upgraded.

I keep wondering if the Bears can steal 1 more year out of the Floyd, McPhee and Young unit.

Young looked like he was rounding into form against the Steelers and I was surprised what the Bears got from McPhee. I know McPhee is not reliable and that Young is goign to be 33, but I wonder if in 2018 we could see

Floyd, Young, McPhee, 4th round pick, 4th round pick

Add a couple of young, athletic OLBs and see what the coaches can do? Follow the Pace model and add 2 hoping that 1 turns into something and see if the coaches can create something before making a big splash in 2018 if they do not develop.

22 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

If Arden Key is there for the Bears to draft as of right now he is my pick.

I want to know his off the field issues first.  this guy took a leave of absence LSU on a "personal leave"  that sounds like he was failing too many drug test so the University found an out for him. 

Bears should have OLB rated higher then WR in the first round. 

Dorance Armstrong is looking athletic as hell too. Not sure if he will be a day one or two player ATM as he seems really raw vs the run. If he keeps getting to the backfield like he has been (plus I think he beats the combine down) I'd have no problem drafting him in the first if Key is off the board. Do what we expected to do with Floyd and rotate him in on passing downs. I think is ceiling is almost as high as Key's.

As far as receivers, I would give Callaway a hard look in the 2nd round. But there are still a group of players I would struggle to pick between with the first. We have several blatant holes so I feel like any trade down would be the top option. We will have to see just how high we pick, but the longer Glennon is killing our offense, the closer we are to a top 3 pick.

I  would go after a WR and a RT as my major free agent acquisitions.  If Fuller keeps playing the way he is now, I'd resign him.

I think at this point my position draft would look something like this.

1. OLB

2. WR

4. SS

4. OLB

5. ILB

6. OG

7. BPA

WR FA class is probably the best in years... 

If Trubisky is playing good, the Bears could then sell themselves to lots of FA's.. hey, we are up and coming team, we have a young QB, good D, we need you to bolster offense etc...

FA

2 WR's

1 CB if they are unsatisfied with Amukamara or Fuller, but they are playing ok (except this GB game)

SS

DE

Draft:

OLB

OT

ILB

WR

OLB

CB

K

Archived