The NFL moving forward

Futbudds

So it sounds like some folks out of Boston University have figured out how to check player's brains for CTE while they are still alive. A total breakthrough for how to combat the disease but many think this will start the end of football as we now know it. As they will now be able to check college and even high school players the costs for insurance (and it might get to a point where those that have severe CTE will be uninsurable to step on the field) will skyrocket and as more and more awareness of the disease hits parents the sport will be getting less and less of the athlete pool needed to make the game actually fun to watch.

i know it's kinda a doomsday scenario but if 1/3 of the kids going out for football today are going to switch to soccer, baseball, or becoming a viral you tube star then the product on the field is really going to suffer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theringer.com/platform/amp/nfl/2017/9/26/16372088/boston-university-cte-test-for-the-living-football-impact

My kids won't be playing football.  I stopped coaching because of this very reason.  I don't think kids should be playing.  The game is going to change a lot in the next 10-15 years.

They recently switched the 3-4th grade team in my school district to flag football.  I think they'll change 5-6th grade to flag in the next couple of years.  It's coming.

17 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

i bought my girlfriends son a football for his birthday and he cried. I tried to play catch with him and he cried. Its collected dust in the garage ever since.

Haha yeah i don't think he has the stuff to play football anyway.

Archived