Forum Game: Tecmo Super Bowl Season - Pickle (bucs) wins the Super Bowl!!

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

I agree with all of this. I think it's unfair that some teams got to play LA/SF/etc. with their current playbooks, but future teams have to play them with 'real' offenses.

That's true.  Rams with a different playbook will change things pretty dramatically imo.  

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

I agree with all of this. I think it's unfair that some teams got to play LA/SF/etc. with their current playbooks, but future teams have to play them with 'real' offenses.

Yep, i basically agree.

keeping a consistant roster, etc is kind of the point of round robin play

• Like 1

DEN, GB, HOU, BUF, CLE, and TB are all top-8 in both points scored/allowed. Atlanta is 10th in points allowed but outscoring the second-best offense by 5 PPG.

I think Cleveland is definitely making the playoffs despite being 3-2, the No. 2 defense with even an average offense and an MVP candidate quarterback will carry them. Final playoff spot looks to be a toss-up between Tampa Bay, New England, Arizona, and Pittsburgh, in that order IMO. Tampa Bay would be my pick as they've looked like a top-3 team at times, but the Burrow injury could be impossible to overcome and they did find a way to lose to both New York and Washington.

Anyways this is fascinating with a clear upper-class and bottom-class forming through just five games. Three of the bottom five teams are clearly there because of a single identifiable problem: New York and New Orleans have quarterback issues, while LA has a bad playbook for their QB. San Francisco is tanking because of a combination of bad offensive line play and a playbook that exacerbates the issue. Washington just has had everything go wrong from what I can tell. Mahomes isn't utilized optimally with the playbook, receivers don't seem very good, offensive line has struggled, defense lacks playmakers, and a tough schedule on top of everything else.

I think this has been a good learning experience for everybody, and I'm already looking forward to applying what I know now about different players and playbooks to the next sim.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

DEN, GB, HOU, BUF, CLE, and TB are all top-8 in both points scored/allowed. Atlanta is 10th in points allowed but outscoring the second-best offense by 5 PPG.

where are you getting 10th? I'm seeing 6th in points allowed

0UkBxG5.png

6 minutes ago, swoosh said:

where are you getting 10th? I'm seeing 6th in points allowed

0UkBxG5.png

I don't know why you have Atlanta listed at 92 points allowed, it's 110 according to the scores listed on the first page.

EDIT: Figured it out. Tecmo Bowl is only counting points scored against the defense, I'm calculating total points. My numbers are including defensive scores, kickoff returns, etc.

Edited by Blue

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

I don't know why you have Atlanta listed at 92 points allowed, it's 110 according to the scores listed on the first page.

EDIT: Figured it out. Tecmo Bowl is only counting points scored against the defense, I'm calculating total points. My numbers are including defensive scores, kickoff returns, etc.

week 3 score is wrong. I beat the Raiders 31-10, not 42-28.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

That would explain it, lol. Gonna change the numbers for the Raiders, too.

haha, I was gonna say, I think you were underrating my defense. other than our loss in week 1, the defense has been stellar. 10, 17, and 10 points allowed the last 3 games respectively. week 2 buffalo dropped 28 on us, but it was 14 with just a few minutes to play. we gave up a couple of meaningless td's. not sure if there's prevent defense in tecmo lol

Edited by swoosh
  • Like 1