Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

1 hour ago, mattyice0401 said:

Anyone have any website suggestions to follow hockey a little more? Love watching the game and know a decent bit bout it but would like to find some places where i can follow some teams closely and follow prospects as well.

@beekay414 @flyers0909 @Canadian Saint 

Are we really going to send this poor guy to HF? I like mattyice... Seems so cruel to send him there

• Like 4

If we have to be or have been subjected to it, I'm holding nothing back. It may be a cesspool but it's also a great place to talk hockey and learn. Of course, we may just be spoiled because we have STI and his draft stuff but it's still one of the few places to really talk hockey.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

But seriously @mattyice0401, as much as HF boards will ruin your faith in humanity, it really is probably the best place for hockey talk (not just nhl). Don't be afraid to use the ignore function and just deal with the good ones

Is it a little toxic on there compared to here? I’ve been called a lot of bad things and been through a lot worse on the Internet so I think I should be able to handle it. 

Thanks for the suggestion too look forward to taking a deep dive into it like I did here.

Hopefully I can follow the Wild more closely there and I think I’ll start following the Kraken pretty closely as well. 

8 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Is it a little toxic on there compared to here? I’ve been called a lot of bad things and been through a lot worse on the Internet so I think I should be able to handle it.

100% lol. But there really are good ones, so like most of the webz, it's a lot of both. But it's managed poorly as hell

• Like 1

So just taking a quick glance on it it before I go hard tomorrow it reminds me a bit of FF it will take some time to get used to the layout a bit but it is similar, as soon as I got on it it made miss the dark themed mode and hope they offer that feature. 

Just now, Forge said:

100% lol. But there really are good ones, so like most of the webz, it's a lot of both. But it's managed poorly as hell

And don't call them out on it @mattyice0401, they'll just delete your posts and have their site bot give you a warning and limit your capabilities on the site.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Sounds like they need to step up there modding game, if they have mods at all. 

+1 for Forge as a mod. 

You go by forge on there as well or no? I understand if you’d rather keep your anonymity. 

• Like 1

Just now, mattyice0401 said:

Sounds like they need to step up there modding game, if they have mods at all. 

+1 for Forge as a mod. 

You go by forge on there as well or no? I understand if you’d rather keep your anonymity. 

Yeah, I'm Forge there. I don't post a ton there though. Mostly in the NJ devils forum, trade forum and very rarely the prospect forum

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

And don't call them out on it @mattyice0401, they'll just delete your posts and have their site bot give you a warning and limit your capabilities on the site.

Dont call out the website owners for the toxicity or a person for being toxic?

It doesn’t really sound like me regardless I usually leave that stuff to mods and what not. I may not even post there right away took me awhile muster up the courage to post on FF. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I'm Forge there. I don't post a ton there though. Mostly in the NJ devils forum, trade forum and very rarely the prospect forum

Cool cool I went with the same name as well, I’ll keep an eye out for your posts in the trade and prospect forums. 

• Like 1