Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

19 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Yeah it's essentially looking at where his offenses took shots from relative to the rest of the league.  Red is more, blue is less.  So mostly point shots (low danger) and very very little in front of the net (high danger).  This resulted in some pretty bad xGF results as a team. 

Sweet thank you for helping me understand.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Man people are going hard in the paint towards this hiring and saying how bad it is haha makes me nervous man.

The issue is purely developmental coaches don't really do well in my opinion. Coaches who can't adjust or run systems or aren't good at the X's and O's almost always flame out with 2 seasons. The NHL simply isn't a developmental league. Coaches need to be able to both give their team the best chance to win while also developing simultaneously. A guy like Cooper of the Tampa Bay Lightning or Barry Trotz on the Isles are top tier examples of this.

I think the reason people are dunking so hard is because his stop in Philly was a disaster from a playing standpoint. He didn't show much in the actual ability to implement a winning system. Now can he improve? Absolutely. Look at current Nashville headcoach and New Jersey legend John Hynes. Very similar result in Jersey as Hakstol in Philly, went to Nashville, had a dumpster fire start to this season and then seemingly figured it out, his players bought in and they had a playoff berth this season.

• Like 1