Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Can't be true if only because I don't know how that works financially. Even with Patches on LTIR, I think VGK would still be over the cap with Eichel. Not sure though. 

Says framework so I'm assuming it would've included Smith as well for money. Now with Karlsson going down for 4-6 weeks, they aren't likely to pull that trigger since they'll need bodies to stay afloat lol.

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Says framework so I'm assuming it would've included Smith as well for money. Now with Karlsson going down for 4-6 weeks, they aren't likely to pull that trigger since they'll need bodies to stay afloat lol.

Although now they could do it without sending Smith. I'm pretty sure Eichel is hitting LTIR regardless right? They just have to have the space up front...they could trade for him now with Karlsson and Patches on IR, immediately move Eichel to LTIR for however long he is going to be there, then start working on the cap between now and then as people start coming off 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Although now they could do it without sending Smith. I'm pretty sure Eichel is hitting LTIR regardless right? They just have to have the space up front...they could trade for him now with Karlsson and Patches on IR, immediately move Eichel to LTIR for however long he is going to be there, then start working on the cap between now and then as people start coming off 

You'd think but I'm not sure. Definitely makes it easier right now but, eventually, you have to figure out how to clear nearly $25 Million in space when Patches, Karlsson and Eichel would be ready.

Just now, Canadian Saint said:

Things might be changing, because this morning Friedman on his podcast with what's his face said the numerous scandals may bring up what might've happened in 5 years to sooner than later.

Like his rumors, Friedman does not screw around.

Good, the NHL doesn't need Bettman anymore. It's time for a change and I hope they also say hell no to Bill Daly along the way.