Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

2 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Man, I wish we could go after Tavares and trade for Karlsson. It's not feasible though. We'd have to pay JT, Hall and Karlsson over $30 Million combined if we did that.

I've love either - Karlsson ends up in Vegas I think. Never know about Tavares...that could happen I suppose if that's where we decided to put our money, but given the guys we have in the pipeline, I imagine that we stick with going blue line. 

And man, Miles wood should do nothing this off season except work on his puck skills and handling. 

Just now, Forge said:

I've love either - Karlsson ends up in Vegas I think. Never know about Tavares...that could happen I suppose if that's where we decided to put our money, but given the guys we have in the pipeline, I imagine that we stick with going blue line. 

And man, Miles wood should do nothing this off season except work on his puck skills and handling. 

Yeah, Vegas has the assets to go get Karlsson. Far more than we do. If I'm Ottawa, I go after Cody Glass AND Nick Suzuki in that deal. I was thinking, on our end, Mikey McLeod, Damon Severson and our 2018 1st but, even then, that might not be enough.

Just now, bkobow05 said:

5-3. So we're a Lovejoy falling down and Vatanen kicking a puck in the net away from being tied lmao. Best players on Tampa tbh.

Honestly, I still think Hall has looked like the best player on the ice for the most part of both games.  Vasilevskiy is probably keeping this from being tied up as well. He's made some fantastic saves. 

Just now, Forge said:

Honestly, I still think Hall has looked like the best player on the ice for the most part of both games.  Vasilevskiy is probably keeping this from being tied up as well. He's made some fantastic saves. 

Hall is clearly the best player on the ice.

One thing about our cap space too - we need to start talking extension with Butcher soon I would imagine. I think he's only on a 2 year deal, and since he signed as an unrestricted, I imagine he'll still be a UFA when the contract is up?

1 minute ago, Forge said:

One thing about our cap space too - we need to start talking extension with Butcher soon I would imagine. I think he's only on a 2 year deal, and since he signed as an unrestricted, I imagine he'll still be a UFA when the contract is up?

Nope. He's a RFA after 2018-2019.

1 minute ago, roysmyboy31 said:

Got to respect how Colorado does not give up.  They are big underdogs in this series, but I think they have plenty to look forward to in the future.

Preds do doing what top teams should and take care of business

Colorado and Nashville? I could have sworn this was the Devils thread..haven't you been reading the last 14 pages? lol

• Like 1