CFB Misc News Thread

naptownskinsfan

34 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I agree with you that some people may not have the mentality to be in this much spotlight. And some fans will always be uncaring, or jealous, or whatever it is.

But that doesn't mean at an individual level a fan is justified in any of that behavior, or the underlying feelings that cause it.

For sure, and social media has only made it worse, but I’ll say this:

NIL gives me the right to boo you, something I’d only ever have done to a professional before the last 5 years. I never would have boooed an amateur athlete before this.

19 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

No, I do not.

Rates of anxiety and depression in adolescents are skyrocketing.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8868033/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5127071/

Specifically, I object to this:

Access to material online is not the same as therapy. They are not being more trained, pointing to an online article is the mental health equivalent of "pull yourself up by the bootstraps".

Easy to predict with all of them having smart phones and social media. If school sucked for us growing up, it ended; for them, there’s no off switch.

I used to have a 3 day lesson when I taught psychology on this phenomenon with full data points to back it up, but that’s the thesis in conjunction with a not fully developed brain.

• Like 2