One fail, we all fail

jebrick

https://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/31969/steelers-mike-tomlin-on-covid-19-outlook-its-one-fail-all-fail

In conversations with his players, Tomlin and his staff stressed the importance of making smart decisions away from the team -- a message he frequently imparts to his players by telling them, “Don’t be ‘the guy.’”

Article on Tomlin catchphrasing the COVID-19.  If that is the way the NFL plays it ( and I think they will), this will be a very short season.

Edited by jebrick

IDK how a non-bubble season can go smoothly ..we might have a part of the season where the whole LB core is out 2 games, how can teams function like that?

I would try to have teams and other personal bubble at training camp sites for the season and they only leave to play games.

Edited by August4th
  • Like 1

What’s happening with the Marlins right now is why I LOVE Tomlins message. If you cannot be mature enough to understand that you need to stay out of the club for 6 months of your life...opt-out. Do everyone a favor. The league this year will be difficult enough with everyone doing the right thing, but just not caring players will make it impossible. 

Tomlins talking accountability and holding each other to that standard. That’s what we need this year.

And boy am I scared about JuJu....

How do the players  maintain social distancing in a contact sport? Don't tell me this is how goodell wants to transition into the flag league either. Wait, let me guess - the players will wear logo /team colour masksO.o

Consider the season not happening, but why would I say this? Goodell already said he will skip his salary for this season, so that says it all.

Edited by 3rivers

On 7/31/2020 at 8:02 PM, Dcash4 said:

What’s happening with the Marlins right now is why I LOVE Tomlins message. If you cannot be mature enough to understand that you need to stay out of the club for 6 months of your life...opt-out. Do everyone a favor. The league this year will be difficult enough with everyone doing the right thing, but just not caring players will make it impossible. 

Tomlins talking accountability and holding each other to that standard. That’s what we need this year.

And boy am I scared about JuJu....

I could be wrong on this, but I don't get that sentiment at all. He has organized some social events, but if you follow his social media, he doesn't even seem to hang around that many people. He works out and plays video games a large portion of his time normally, so I don't see that changing much during a time when he's not supposed to go out.

2 hours ago, skywlker32 said:

I could be wrong on this, but I don't get that sentiment at all. He has organized some social events, but if you follow his social media, he doesn't even seem to hang around that many people. He works out and plays video games a large portion of his time normally, so I don't see that changing much during a time when he's not supposed to go out.

You guys are probably absolutely right, but JuJu strikes me as a guy just looking for a good time. I don’t follow his social media because he is boring, but this year one slip up can cause an entire position group to go down. 

End of the day he is only 23, enjoys a good time, and is the guy who drove to state college night before a game (while he was injured) to go to a concert. He does commercials, he does collabs with other influencers, he does photo shoots. He might sit home and play video games 90% of the time but he has opportunity for a lot of interaction if he continues doing what he normally does. He also is still dumb enough (I love him, but this is dumb) to film himself while driving and dancing all over the car. There’s a certain level of youth and invincibility there that scares me. 

Im just worried some YouTube persons gonna reach out and say I got an idea, JuJu is going think it sounds fun, and then we are running Jaylen Samuels, Eric Ebron, and Joe Haden as our 3 wide set because our receiving core is out for 2 weeks.