Bills sign Brian Winters OG. Release OL Spencer Long

soflbillsfan

On 8/4/2020 at 12:27 PM, Trentwannabe said:

Ryan Bates is another backup C candidate 

Best part abouts Bates is he can play all over the line. I could see him becoming a backup Tackle option as well if we move Ford to OG. We definently have options. 

Right now i see our oline looking like

LT: Dawkins LG: Spain C- Morse RG: Ford RT: Williams

BACKUPS- OT Nsehke, C/OG Boehm,  OG Winters

Gonna be interesting what happens qhen Felciano returns. Does he regain his starting spot or does he serve as a 2nd OG/C backup. I imagine he returns to RG again and Ford moves to RT. We seem to have way more depth on interior than Tackle if we move Ford to Guard permanently 

23 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Best part abouts Bates is he can play all over the line. I could see him becoming a backup Tackle option as well if we move Ford to OG. We definently have options. 

Right now i see our oline looking like

LT: Dawkins LG: Spain C- Morse RG: Ford RT: Williams

BACKUPS- OT Nsehke, C/OG Boehm,  OG Winters

Gonna be interesting what happens qhen Felciano returns. Does he regain his starting spot or does he serve as a 2nd OG/C backup. I imagine he returns to RG again and Ford moves to RT. We seem to have way more depth on interior than Tackle if we move Ford to Guard permanently 

I don't think they bring Winters in just to slide Ford over to Guard. Then to have to move him back after Feliciano comes back doesn't make much sense. 

If Daryl Williams is starting this team is in trouble. 

Winters embodies that 'warrior mentality' you're looking for up front.

Unfortunately, he's seemingly always playing through some sort of nagging injury & he's been wildly inconsistent at best as a result. These past few off-seasons there's a been a reoccurring theme of optimism surrounding a 'healthy Winters' heading into the season, but it's never lasted long. Most Jets fans were ready to move on, especially at a $7M cap hit. He's likely best suited as a serviceable back-up capable of starting if needed. Easy guy to root for though & very well respected in the locker room. Hopefully he can stay healthy.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NJC33 said:

Winters embodies that 'warrior mentality' you're looking for up front.

Unfortunately, he's seemingly always playing through some sort of nagging injury & he's been wildly inconsistent at best as a result. These past few off-seasons there's a been a reoccurring theme of optimism surrounding a 'healthy Winters' heading into the season, but it's never lasted long. Most Jets fans were ready to move on, especially at a $7M cap hit. He's likely best suited as a serviceable back-up capable of starting if needed. Easy guy to root for though & very well respected in the locker room. Hopefully he can stay healthy.  

Hopefully he does stay healthy over the next few months. I imagine that Feliciano gets his job back after he's healthy. Winters said today his parents lived in Orchard Park for a few years so that is really cool. He seems like a Buffalo guy.