August Dolphins news

Tetsujin

12 hours ago, Emerica said:

Exciting for sure. Haven't heard a whole lot regarding Jackson so far.

Seems like there is a lot of buzz around Noah Ig as well. I think everyone understands there will be growing pains but the potential is sky high with him.

I saw some blurbs that Jackson was creating some nice lanes for Howard to bust some runs.  Most the talk was how bad Davenport was at LT and that Jackson looks much better.

I've actually seen the opposite on Iggy (calling him this for ease) so far.  Seems like he's having a rough first week of pad practice.

3 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

I saw some blurbs that Jackson was creating some nice lanes for Howard to bust some runs.  Most the talk was how bad Davenport was at LT and that Jackson looks much better.

I've actually seen the opposite on Iggy (calling him this for ease) so far.  Seems like he's having a rough first week of pad practice.

We can prolly cut Davenport and find a comparable player near a minimum deal.

6 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

Yeah I guess buzz isn't the right word. I'll say chatter, whether it's positive or negative. Seems like people can see his natural ability on some plays but then the next play he gets burnt bad. Hard to say really with reporters not being able to live tweet practices. 

3 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

We can prolly cut Davenport and find a comparable player near a minimum deal.

Yeah, I'm still baffled honestly as to why he's still on the team after what we saw from him last year and the year before in Houston.

The day has come: Ballage is no longer a Dolphin. The twist is the Jets traded a conditional 7th rounder for him. It seems these conditions are usually a secret, which I hate. Ballage will have to meet certain conditions for us to even get the 7th round pick.

7 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

The day has come: Ballage is no longer a Dolphin. The twist is the Jets traded a conditional 7th rounder for him. It seems these conditions are usually a secret, which I hate. Ballage will have to meet certain conditions for us to even get the 7th round pick.

Unless the condition is that he be extremely inefficient with his carries, and go down way too easy for a player his size, I don't see any conditions being met.

• Like 2

On 9/1/2020 at 1:02 AM, Counselor said:

How has my main man Preston Williams looked?

Seen a few clips of him on twitter sonning Byron Jones. From all accounts, he is having a great camp. Seems like we’ll have 1a and 1b duo in Parker and Williams.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Emerica said:

Seen a few clips of him on twitter sonning Byron Jones. From all accounts, he is having a great camp. Seems like we’ll have 1a and 1b duo in Parker and Williams.

Which brings up the point that I've read in multiple places that Jones hasn't been impressive.  Not terrible.  But not "highest paid CB in the league" type performance.  That could be an issue, if it holds into the regular season.