August Dolphins news

Tetsujin

Hurns opts out. He surely doesn't think his roster spot is going to be saved, right? He was a prime candidate to be cut before the 2021 season due to younger cheap prospects and a 3.5M salary.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29596932/dolphins-wr-allen-hurns-opts-cites-family-health-concerns

Tankersley cut. He was on borrowed time for awhile.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-cordrea-tankersley-20200804-34a263ipjjh2rhx7smqupfj5qi-story.html

I literally have no memory of Tankersley ever being on the field for the Dolphins. 

Our WR depth was pretty good, so I think we can handle the loss of Wilson and Hurns pretty well. As long as Parker and Williams can produce at the same or near the same level as last year. Also hoping Isaiah Ford can continue to show some promise like he did at the end of the season.

I don't begrudge any of them for deciding what is best for their family. Depth wise I think we are okay. Wilson had some decent gimmick plays when healthy but I want to see a cohesive offense rather than a side show. towards the end of last season Gesicki turned up his production. I think we will see him in the slot more.  

2 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Yes the $32M was the 4-yr deal total but the contract was renegotiated this year to $3M as it made no sense to pay him $11M.

Fast WR, too bad he missed so many games. 

I'm talking about forgoing his 2020 salary for the 150k or 350k.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

And trying him at punt returner? I don’t like the sound of that.

Yeah, that's not smart IMO.  Way too valuable at WR.  Give return duties to one of the other guys trying to stick, like Jennings/Merritt/Cole/Hollins etc.  Or heaven forbid get Grant more reps back there.

22 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

And trying him at punt returner? I don’t like the sound of that.

He wasn't doing it today, thankfully. 

Sounds like Kindley is making a strong impression early on and is very much in the mix to get the starting RG spot.  The reporters can't give out too much info, but it seems like the starting unit could very well be Jackson/Flowers/Karras/Kindley/Hunt if Hunt shows the necessary improvement at RT.  Three rookie OL winning spots could be painful on whoever is in the backfield in 2020, but it bodes really well for the future.    

8 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

He wasn't doing it today, thankfully. 

Sounds like Kindley is making a strong impression early on and is very much in the mix to get the starting RG spot.  The reporters can't give out too much info, but it seems like the starting unit could very well be Jackson/Flowers/Karras/Kindley/Hunt if Hunt shows the necessary improvement at RT.  Three rookie OL winning spots could be painful on whoever is in the backfield in 2020, but it bodes really well for the future.    

Exciting for sure. Haven't heard a whole lot regarding Jackson so far.

Seems like there is a lot of buzz around Noah Ig as well. I think everyone understands there will be growing pains but the potential is sky high with him.