Cowboys sign Everson Griffen

TheRealMcCoy

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Maybe its what Griffen wanted?

He knew he wasn't gonna get anything too significant this late in the process.

A 1 year deal isn't that bad here. If he plays well and leaves you could get a day 3 comp pick and if he shows signs of decline you aren't on the hook for anything next year.

Im sure it is. It just seems like every year we end up renting an upper-middle echelon player. They play decent and then leave for a payday. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Im sure it is. It just seems like every year we end up renting an upper-middle echelon player. They play decent and then leave for a payday. 

True.

I think both our teams will be looking hard at next years edge class, especially us, cause Graham is up there in age and I'm not a believer in Barnett being worth his 5th year option.

At least y'all have DLaw who is in his prime.

4 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Graham, Barnett, Cox, Jackson, Hargrave shi* all over ur DL. Only player you have who'd start for us is DLaw. It's in a different league than yours.

If you say so. 

The only player on your DL that is *significantly* better than their counter point on our DL is Cox.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

If you say so. 

The only player on your DL that is *significantly* better than their counter point on our DL is Cox.

Hargrave is significantly better than whoever ur DT1 is as well. Like much much better. Jackson is better than Poe and McCoy too. Those 2 guys would be competing for DT4 in Philly.

2 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Hargrave is significantly better than whoever ur DT1 is as well. Like much much better. Jackson is better than Poe and McCoy too. Those 2 guys would be competing for DT4 in Philly.

Poe put up the similar numbers to Hargrave in 5 less games. I am not saying Poe is better. And Hargrave certainly has age on his side. But I think the two are closer than you are making them sound. 

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Damn you Eagle fans are aggressive.

When I see names like Gerald McCoy, Aldon Smith, Tyrone Crawford, and Randy Gregory included in a unit that an NFL reporter refers to as "formidable", it ignites my cowboys hype train fuse and I can't help it. Like I said, they could literally sign me and everyone response would be "super bowl doe!!!" It's just unbearable

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Poe put up the similar numbers to Hargrave in 5 less games. I am not saying Poe is better. And Hargrave certainly has age on his side. But I think the two are closer than you are making them sound. 

Poe isn't close to Hargrave at this point in their careers.

Hargrave is gonna feast going from Pittsburgh to Philly's scheme.

I'll take McCoy over Poe at this point.