Analytics and Film breakdown on why Rodgers is no longer elite

TecmoSuperJoe

6 hours ago, Awsi Dooger said:

As a '72 Dolphins season ticket holder when I was a kid it was awesome to see you guys ruin his perfect season. In fact, I remember registering on Chiefs Planet to compliment you guys. Everybody jumped all over me. It was priceless. The Chief fans were every bit as jealous of the Dolphins' feat as everyone else, so they didn't want to have a Miami fan in there squawking in approval.

Actually I think a season like this is by far the best chance of the Chiefs or somebody else running the table. No pure road games really diminishes the natural obstacles.

Anyway, I'm not surprised Rodgers did some self evaluation. I posted in this thread recently and in the Draft Forum months ago that the Jordan Love selection was the most ineptly evaluated draft pick of all time. The Rodgers decline and malaise had gone on so long with no end in sight that the only logical move was to make him feel threatened by drafting his potential replacement. That move offered at least 10x the potential than drafting some wide receiver or similar patchwork. 

I assume you mean ineptly evaluated by the talking heads?

Nothing at all wrong with the breakdown of how Rodgers has played over the past few seasons.  I didn't see any agenda.  There are plenty of GB fans that have been saying the same thing (and plenty more in full denial).  Hopefully week 1 is a preview of what Rodgers can look like in year 2 of the MLF offense.  The scheme is a significant departure from the McCarthy offense Rodgers had played in for 14 seasons, and the uneven year 1 was more or less to be expected.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

Nothing at all wrong with the breakdown of how Rodgers has played over the past few seasons.  I didn't see any agenda.  There are plenty of GB fans that have been saying the same thing (and plenty more in full denial).  Hopefully week 1 is a preview of what Rodgers can look like in year 2 of the MLF offense.  The scheme is a significant departure from the McCarthy offense Rodgers had played in for 14 seasons, and the uneven year 1 was more or less to be expected.

I think people, who probably didn't even watch the video, believe it's a prediction of what to expect looking forward, instead of just a review of what has happened the last few years. Also assuming it was something that Rodgers' or the Packers can't change, which is nowhere implied in the review. 

I'm sure if Rodgers has another good day against the Lions, there will be chimes along the lines of "LOOOLL this thread continues to take an L!!!" entirely missing the point. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe