Titans sign Trevor Seimian

Titans fan 617

Not sure why we waited until halfway through camp to sign an actual backup QB. Anyone who thought Woodside or McDonald were capable of being the #2 were wishful thinkers, IMO.

Hopefully doesn't take Siemian too long to learn the offense, etc. But if we'd just signed him back in March or whatever, he'd already know it.

18 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Not sure why we waited until halfway through camp to sign an actual backup QB. Anyone who thought Woodside or McDonald were capable of being the #2 were wishful thinkers, IMO.

Hopefully doesn't take Siemian too long to learn the offense, etc. But if we'd just signed him back in March or whatever, he'd already know it.

I assumed they were gonna just roll with McDonald, since they liked him enough to draft him.

I mean, he’s a rookie, so you would just hope he doesn’t need to ever play until you see what you have in him.

J Rob’s track record with late round flier QBs is getting pretty bad.

7 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I assumed they were gonna just roll with McDonald, since they liked him enough to draft him.

I mean, he’s a rookie, so you would just hope he doesn’t need to ever play until you see what you have in him.

J Rob’s track record with late round flier QBs is getting pretty bad.

He was drafted in the 7th.  Typically those expectations aren't high... and most don't make it on the opening day roster.  

But most do make it to the PS, at least initially... so the timing is weird, seeing as we're still at least 2 weeks away from being able to establish a PS.  

7th rounders are essentially UDFAs though... so if early on they see the potential isn't enough for the work needed, they'll move on quickly

I think with the way the pre-draft thing worked out, they just took McDonald based on curiosity and general scouting. Didn't get to work him out or anything like that.

Used Camp pretty much as a workout/preseason.  Didn't like what they saw and moved on. Maybe Practice Squad if they carry 3 on the active roster. If not Trevor be backup and Logan be the practice squad.