2020 NBA draft Lottery !!!

resilient part 2

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd take Okongwu #1 personally, he can be Bam 2.0 in the league. Wiseman screams Whiteside/Capela, which is fine, but not that valuable in today's NBA. 

I'm not a fan of Edwards either, I think best case he's Victor Oladipo and could realistically be Dion Waiters. 

Admittedly, I haven't seen much Okungwu so further scouting might lead me to agree. I think a Whiteside (if he wasn't an idiot)/Capela guy can be pretty valuable to winning teams. Certainly moreso than scorers who offer little else.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

1. Minnesota - Anthony Edwards | CG | Georgia

2. Golden State - Onyeka Okongwu | C | USC 

3. Charlotte - LaMelo Ball | CG | USA 

4. Chicago - Deni Avdia | SF | Israel 

5. Cleveland - Obi Toppin | F | Dayton

6. Atlanta - James Wiseman | C | Memphis 

7. Detroit - Killian Hayes | PG | France 

8. New York - Cole Anthony | CG | North Carolina

9. Washington - Isaac Okoro | GF | Auburn

10. Phoenix - Tyrese Haliburton | PG | Iowa State

11. San Antonio - Devin Vassell | GF | Florida State

12. Sacramento - Patrick Williams | F | Florida State

13. New Orleans - Aaron Nesmith | GF | Vanderbilt 

14. Boston - Alleksej Pokusevski | FC | Greece 

I mocked Poku and want to try and develop him, but NOT at 14... If the draft fell this way (I hope not) I would be pissed.. I want any of Vasell P Williams, Nesmith.. all 3 have step in and play okay right away ability.. 

If they are gone, in no order, S Bey, Precious, RJ Hampton...then whomever between Roku and J McDaniels that Ainge/Stevens is the better investment..

The first part of draft looks very possible though.

Edited by resilient part 2

5 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I mocked Poku and want to try and develop him, but NOT at 14... If the draft fell this way (I hope not) I would be pissed.. I want any of Vasell P Williams, Nesmith.. all 3 have step in and play okay right away ability.. 

If they are gone, in no order, S Bey, Precious, RJ Hampton...then whomever between Roku and J McDaniels that Ainge/Stevens is the better investment..

The first part of draft looks very possible though.

You're not getting Poku at 26 lol

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Are you sure about that  Nostradamus... Poco can go anywhere in this drive to just too early to predict

Yes, I'm sure. It's a weak draft and you have multiple teams ahead of that pick that have taken chances on high upside developmental prospects several times in the past. He and Bolmaro are going to go higher than people think.

You have Dallas, Philadelphia, Denver, Utah and Milwaukee all ahead of that pick. Teams that have no problem with developmental European prospects. Odds aren't great at all that Poku falls beyond that range.

Let's look at the current mocks and where Poku has landed.

Vecenie (Athletic): 14th overall (Boston)
Givony (ESPN): 22nd overall (Denver)
B/R: 18th overall (Dallas)
CBS: 24th overall (Milwaukee)
NBC: 24th overall (Milwaukee)
Tankathon: 17th overall (Minnesota)
SI: 23rd overall (Utah)

Yahoo is the only mock that has him beyond those picks (not drafted in the 1st).

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yes, I'm sure. It's a weak draft and you have multiple teams ahead of that pick that have taken chances on high upside developmental prospects several times in the past. He and Bolmaro are going to go higher than people think.

You have Dallas, Philadelphia, Denver, Utah and Milwaukee all ahead of that pick. Teams that have no problem with developmental European prospects. Odds aren't great at all that Poku falls beyond that range.

you may end up being right, and probably have the % on your side.. just saying that this kid is so skinny but talented, I am not convinced of anything yet.. 

keeping in mind we haven't even started NBA workouts yet for prospects.. so who knows..

2 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

you may end up being right, and probably have the % on your side.. just saying that this kid is so skinny but talented, I am not convinced of anything yet.. 

keeping in mind we haven't even started NBA workouts yet for prospects.. so who knows..

I'm not pulling this out of my *** though. 95% of current mocks agree. In a weak draft, teams aren't going to shy away from prospects like Poku and Bolmaro.

I could use the same reasoning for mocking Killian Hayes to the Bucks lol

Edited by beekay414

19 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm not pulling this out of my *** though. 95% of current mocks agree. In a weak draft, teams aren't going to shy away from prospects like Poku and Bolmaro.

I could use the same reasoning for mocking Killian Hayes to the Bucks lol

yeah I get that, but K Hayes doesn't have the glaring weakness or concern that Poku has. in fact Poku's skinny is so skinny he makes 18 year old Giannis look like  Zion.. 

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

yeah I get that, but K Hayes doesn't have the glaring weakness or concern that Poku has. in fact Poku's skinny is so skinny he makes 18 year old Giannis look like  Zion.. 

Doesn't really mean much. Giannis went 15th. Poku will go 15-25. Both drafts were (are) weak. I simply don't see him lasting to 26, my friend. 

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

If Poku can get the same trainer/strength coach as Giannis then I would take him top 5.. but.. we will see on this one.. 

Suki Hobson, who is still employed by Milwaukee and all the more reason why he wouldn't get past 24 lol.

23 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Mock continued..

15 - Orlando - Cole Anthony - with or without Fultz developing..

16- Portland - Precious - a defensive player finally..

17- Min - Otoru - hometown kid plus need.

18- Dal - J Ramsey - combo guar to play with and behind Luka..

19- Nets - S Bey - perfect Role player for KD and Kyrie

20- Mia -- RJ Hampton - young talented Combo guard to develop after Goran leaves)

21- Phi - T Terry - best shooter playmaker for Sixers

23- Utah - Nico Mannion - seems like a perfect Utah type player.

24- Mil - Poku - Can be patient and develop his talent..

25- OKC - Josh Green - a OKC type of talent..

26- Bos - J McDaniels.. Takes a swing at high reward project

27- NYK -Theo Maledon -  guard spot..- Euro that can

28- LAL - L Bolmaro - despite Lebron's objections.. 

29- Tor - Grant Riller - perfect raptor

30- Bos- Jalen Smith - decent shooting Bigman

even with the switch of Poku to Mil,  It worked out nice for Boston..

On 8/21/2020 at 8:41 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

To be fair GS had injuries and had the worst record in the league.  They earned the top pick and dropped one spot.  I dont have a problem with them being up there when they had to throw away a year.  

And the Pistons got stuck with Blake's contract all on their own  And have found a good way to compete for that 8 seed every year but not bad enough to get a top 3 pick.  Hopefully next year.  Or the year after when Bates will be in the draft and they can hook up his home town team like they did Lebron. 

I suppose you're right, as I was just venting some frustrations....Seems like the Knicks have fallen into the same situation, hoping for a number one selection and just not getting it....Would have been nice to see the Pistons get a higher draft selection, that's all....Not fun watching both the Tigers and Pistons in rebuild mode...

18 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

I suppose you're right, as I was just venting some frustrations....Seems like the Knicks have fallen into the same situation, hoping for a number one selection and just not getting it....Would have been nice to see the Pistons get a higher draft selection, that's all....Not fun watching both the Tigers and Pistons in rebuild mode...

Lions, too.