Saints trying to sign DE Jadeveon Clowney? (Update: Signed with the Titans or not?)

Canadian Saint

We do this every year. There a big name, underachieving player that the Saints are "players" for...and it never works out. And honestly, I'm not sure I really want it to work out. It would have to depend on the price. Clowney has to be one of the most overrated players in the NFL. But if he is coming in for cheap on a prove it kind of deal...why not.

2 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Our D-line is pretty stacked. That said, he's be a great compliment to Can Jordan, and would certainly provide some depth. 

Of course, we're struggling to find money for Kamara, we're mega cash strapped for next year, so I just don't see it happening.

I think the idea is it will be a 1 year deal that effects the cap for this year alone, for which we have 7M of. It shouldn't have any effect on Kamara's deal.

Underhill tweeted that a personal chef claimed they cooked dinner for Sean Payton and Clowney, to which Clowney liked the tweet. Who knows man.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ckoz24 said:

All the points above makes me feel ok with not getting him. Just questioning if trying to sign him meant Davenport hasn’t been able to take his game to next level?

I think it was more insurance. Davenport at times last year dominated and played well, however he's had 2 season ending injuries. You can't have an injury prone starting DE and DT.