College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

50 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

I hate Kyle McCord 

I went at OSU in 06 and followed closely from 04 on. 

I think he’s the worst starting QB since Zwick. The other contender is Todd Boeckmen, but I thought TB was clearly better. 

How could you forget Joe Bauserman?

19 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

How could you forget Joe Bauserman?

Haha

He lived his life like a candle in the wind. He was so aggressive bad he got benched after 2 games? Maybe 3? 

He’s *clearly* the worst. But I view him as an OSU starter the same way I view someone like Spergon Wynn, just a blip on the radar. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roger murdock said:

I hate Kyle McCord 

I think he’s the worst starting QB since Zwick. The other contender is Todd Boeckmen, but I thought TB was clearly better. 

Does day have the stones to hit the portal for an elite guy?

19 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

@roger murdock got me to thinking. I wonder if that Ohio State team would have beaten LSU in the 2008 natty if they had a Justin Fields / CJ Stroud. That offense had Hartline + Robiskie + Beanie Wells.

Too bad that defense was awful.

That was the weirdest year of CFB ever

We were ranked 8 or 9 after we played our last game. We moved up to #1 overall because in the 3-4 weeks we had off, every team ahead of us lost 1 or 2 games. We had no business being in the national championship but nobody else did either. 

CFB is weird like that, more than any other sport. I think 3 of the 8 best teams I’ve ever seen were in ‘19 (OSU, Clemson, LSU). Those teams would absolutely run away with the title most years.

Then there’s seasons like 08. We were much worse than the 07 team

• Like 2

20 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Does day have the stones to hit the portal for an elite guy?

Looking back at it, I might be a little harsh on the guy. The way our OL has been playing I can see why he can be indecisive, those guys up front have not been to the level we've been accustomed to.  I hope we continue to progress up front, that will go a long way towards us being a championship level team. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Looking back at it, I might be a little harsh on the guy. The way our OL has been playing I can see why he can be indecisive, those guys up front have not been to the level we've been accustomed to.  I hope we continue to progress up front, that will go a long way towards us being a championship level team. 

And I think THIS is what made OSU 2002 such a great team. They had Clarett and a great OL with Craig Krenzel at the helm, whereas this OL is an absolute mess.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2023 at 11:24 AM, roger murdock said:

I hate Kyle McCord 

Not even close zwick had a better team around him. That ‘05 OL was pretty good lead by mangold. WR group was just as good with Gin Holmes. Also a Better HC in tress. Same with Boeckman, he had a veteran loaded OL with Boone, Barton, Cordle.  He had a great group of RBs and a very solid group of WRs and again a better HC.

As much as McCord has struggled the OL has struggled as much or more

On 11/3/2023 at 12:16 PM, buno67 said:

Not even close zwick had a better team around him. That ‘05 OL was pretty good lead by mangold. WR group was just as good with Gin Holmes. Also a Better HC in tress. Same with Boeckman, he had a veteran loaded OL with Boone, Barton, Cordle.  He had a great group of RBs and a very solid group of WRs and again a better HC.

As much as McCord has struggled the OL has struggled as much or more

Agree that Zwick was worse than McCord. 

Disagree that Tressel was better than Day.