College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d be stunned if any of these dudes make the team tbh 

I know nothing about the Wyoming TE, but he probably has the best chance just because we don't have much at TE after Njoku. But agreed about the rest.

Anyway, the draft was... fine. About as good as you could expect with no first round pick and only a few picks to work with.

Liked that we added another DT. Getting a guard is looking into the future, since we'll eventually have to cut one of our high-priced guards (probably Teller).

I'd say those two are the only locks to make the roster.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

I know nothing about the Wyoming TE, but he probably has the best chance just because we don't have much at TE after Njoku. But agreed about the rest.

I don’t disagree for the same reasons you mentioned, but man id probably rather use that roster spot on someone else.  

if we’re not going to feature the TE positional heavily outside of Njoku, fine, but don’t waste a roster spot on a dude who can be essentially found at any time on the street when some positions are gonna require some tough decisions (specifically DB, DL, OL)

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Anyway, the draft was... fine. About as good as you could expect with no first round pick and only a few picks to work with.

Liked that we added another DT. Getting a guard is looking into the future, since we'll eventually have to cut one of our high-priced guards (probably Teller).

I think we also need to acknowledge that Bitonio may be just about ready to call it a career.  This is year 11 and he started to deal with injuries for the first time last season.  It’s not crazy to think this may be his last year.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

I'd say those two are the only locks to make the roster.

Agreed.  I think the LB has a decent chance to make the roster but the WR, CB and DT are gonna have to really impress.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Myles Harden could end up moving to safety. Read his scouting report and he’s fantastic at tackling, physical, and intelligent. He just doesn’t have the athleticism to play the boundary.

Berry has shown an ability to identify DB talent.  Let him cook.

• Like 4