College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

34 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Best defensive player of the year in the SEC. That’s saying a lot. I’ll take it. 

Yeah apparently led the SEC in tackles and sacks

i haven’t watched a second of him but I’ll take that. At least he knows how it hit people. 

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Looks like a pretty decent one. 

Anyone who was 3rd team all American in the FCS is worth a flier I guess. Hopefully he’s a capable gunner on the punt team.

Listening to Daniel Jeremiah talk about this class as it relates to the final Covid year and NIL was interesting. Essentially this should be the last year with players who got an extra year from Covid and thus has killed the value/depth of this class and most folks expect next year things will reset/get back to normal.

Definitely explains our lack of interest in picks this year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Listening to Daniel Jeremiah talk about this class as it relates to the final Covid year and NIL was interesting. Essentially this should be the last year with players who got an extra year from Covid and thus has killed the value/depth of this class and most folks expect next year things will reset/get back to normal.

Definitely explains our lack of interest in picks this year.

God that Covid extra year screwed the talent pool and development of kids in college.

It sounded really nice in theory, but was abused by kids who should have just moved on.

• Like 1

Just a really smart and rock solid job by Berry.

I honestly think Michael Hall can start a year from now, but will be a rotational piece this year. Zinter could also be in a situation similar to Hall.

Added depth and trying to increase competition at the bottom of our roster.

20 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Just a really smart and rock solid job by Berry.

I honestly think Michael Hall can start a year from now, but will be a rotational piece this year. Zinter could also be in a situation similar to Hall.

I think Hall is absolutely going to be a long term investment who’s going to frustrate impatient fans who expect every pick to be an all pro year one or they’re a complete bust.

20 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Added depth and trying to increase competition at the bottom of our roster.

I love the long term approach, trying to establish a succession plan instead of having to rely on unproven rookies or overpaying for mid free agents out of necessity.