College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

Given the assets we have, I am fine with the results of the draft. I can’t really say there was ever someone on the board that I was pounding the table for making sense here that we didn’t take. That scenario just didn’t really exist for whatever reason. I like the Michigan kid upfront if he can be a solid starter a year from now. We need to think future on the interior of the line. With Mike Hall, he’s just not overly physical, but he shoots gaps and has an incredible first step and quickness. He has the potential to be a disruptive player. I’m not convinced he is going to be a consistently reliable guy in the middle of the defensive line when it comes to really physical running teams but also that’s not how most NFL teams win these days.

I don’t have an opinion about most of the other guys we took beyond reading the same scouting reports as the rest of you. 

9 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I can’t really say there was ever someone on the board that I was pounding the table for making sense here that we didn’t take.

Yeah this was the first year maybe ever where I didn’t really have any real “targets” or players I’d hope to see after round 2-3. Even in R2-3 it was like “these dudes would be cool”.  

I fell asleep before we even made the pick in R3 which doesn’t usually happen if that gives any indication of my level of concern lol.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Dude played his first year of college football when Obama was President 

That’s so wild 

He will have played through the Obama admin, Trump admin, Biden admin and will still be playing when the next admin is elected in Nov.  INSANE.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I think next year, Berry needs to hammer drafting pass rushers.

I think it’s still a TBD position imo.

Alex Wright turned it on towards the end of last season with a sack in each of the final 4 games.  He’s also still just 23

Isaiah McGuire is also a complete unknown after a redshirt year and is still just 22.

I also think you have to lump Michael Hall in with this group even though he’s a DT as he’s here to rush the passer.  That’s where he’s going to shine.

I would never pass on an elite dude if the opportunity arose, but I’m not sure we need to add a ton of bodies.  

I think the franchise wants to keep Wills at LT.

I do too. He’s still just 24 and could absolutely keep improving. Even if he doesn’t he’s an average LT which is harder to find than a lot for fans care to acknowledge.

Every other spot on the o-line has a “succession plan.”

Yep.  

I think next year it’s really just about BPA and maximizing assets, same as this year, same as every year.