A roster construction survey;

Kiwibrown

4 hours ago, scar988 said:

Alex Mack 2016 and Matt Schaub 2016

It still blows my mind that Schaubby is still collecting paychecks as a football player. I don't hate the player, I'm sure he's a valuable asset in the film room - just funny that he's still here.

He'll make a very good OC one day.

7 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Fitz in 2004. And Pat Pete in 2011.

Chandler and Corey Peters in 2016 if I am right

Trading Chandler Jones cost the Patriots at least 1 ring, I am probably close to saying 2 and they would have played 2000 Ravens defense with him last year. BB traded him thinking he was pretty good and thought he could replace him. He didn’t and Jones turned out to be far better than just good. Of course people will say cap was tight but I’m pretty sure it could have worked out. But it was an amazing trade for Arizona and he deserves to be on a winning team.

For the 49ers it's currently Jimmie Ward who was drafted in 2014. Dontae Johnson was drafted by us in the same year but spent some time away from SF and then we have Arik Armstead and Jaquiski Tartt being drafted in 2015. Prior to Joe Staley's retirement he was the standout being drafted in 2007. 

Trade or free agency I'm not really sure. We had some guys coming in 2017 (Jimmy G, Robbie Gould, Juszczyk, K'Waun). Researching it a bit and of course, our longest tenured import is long snapper Kyle Nelson who arrived in 2014.