Blu-Ray/Movie Double-Dipping?

KManX89

Are there any movies you've double-dipped for on a later format?

I've definitely double-dipped on some. I bought the Lord of the Rings extended editions on Blu-Ray after owning and buying each of the theatrical films on DVD. I also bought the extended cut of Peter Jackson's King Kong while owning the theatrical on DVD and plan on doing the same with the Director's Cut of Tropic Thunder at some point, which I also own theatrically on DVD.

I also bought the Expendables Trilogy Collection on Blu-Ray while owning the first on DVD to get the resolution upgrade for the first movie while adding the second to my collection (I really don't care much for the third).

I also upgraded to 4K just a few days ago in preparation for the PS5 and bought The Matrix and T2 on UHD which were, ironically, the first 2 films I ever bought on DVD. I bought the upgrades for those because it's quite the jump from 480p to 2160p and it's worth the jump. I might upgrade some of my other DVDs in 4K as well.

Edited by KManX89

This has caused me so much stress lol.  I have a bookshelf I put up in my apartment for all of my DVDs then I started to get Blu Rays and now 4K but when lining them up next to each other they are different sizes and it drives me crazy.  Since I had about 200 DVDs before Blu Rays were a thing I continued to buy DVDs because they stack evenly lol.  But now when I go to watch an older DVD the quality is crap and I end up trying to find it on Netflix or on Demand.  So I have all my DVDs lined up in alphabetical order then I have all my Blu Ray/4K lined up alphabetical order.  I wish I could trade out all my DVDs for an upgrade as I don't see the point of buying the same movie again on a different format.  But special movies/box sets I have been buying on 4K (The Nolan Collection!).  I usually wait until Black Friday to stock up.

I had about 500 DVDs right before I converted to blu Ray.  I got a little more selective with the switch to blu ray, but not much.  I will not upgrade to 4K or any other new format except for maybe my top 100.  If I see a 4K/blu ray of a movie I really like and don’t have, I’ll get that combo.

i have two VHS copies of The Thing, one DVD copy, and pretty much every blu ray version of it.  

26 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

It has taken so much willpower for me to not have done this already. It's so tempting.

I don’t think there’s any difference between any of them and it’s all a scam.   That’s working very well against me.

Edited by Outpost31