BDL 2020 Week 4 - Lancaster Werewolves @ Sacramento Sasquatch

Ragnarok

Who wins?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Lancaster Werewolves
    • Sacramento Sasquatch

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/08/2020 at 04:00 AM

BDL 2020 Week 4

Match: Lancaster Werewolves @ Sacramento Sasquatch 

Away Owner: @rackcs

Home Owner: @Counselor

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Lancaster Werewolves

QB: Matthew Stafford
RB1: Alvin Kamara
WR1: Mike Evans
WR2: Emmanuel Sanders
WR3: Diontae Johnson (Q)
TE: George Kittle
LT: Taylor Lewan (Q)
LG: Quenton Nelson
😄 Frank Ragnow
RG: Gabe Jackson
RT: Lane Johnson

RB2: Miles Sanders
RB3: Ronald Jones II
WR4: Willie Snead V
WR5: A.J. Green
TE2: Jonnu Smith
TE3: Logan Thomas
OL: Riley Reiff
OL: Connor McGovern

DE: Joey Bosa
DT: Kenny Clark (Q)
DT: Jarran Reed
DE: T.J. Watt
LB: Bobby Wagner
LB: Fred Warner
CB: Jalen Ramsey
CB: Kevin King
SCB: Jaire Alexander (Q)
FS: Eddie Jackson
SS: Jonathan Abram (Q)

INT: Javon Kinlaw
INT: Linval Joseph
EDGE: Clelin Ferrell
LB: Mykal Walker
CB: Malcolm Butler
CB: Brian Poole
S: Vonn Bell
S: Taylor Rapp

Motivation: This week we’re going to get some motivation from the pre-game activity. Counselor and I have arranged a fist fight at center field before the game. When I win my team will be fired up and his time will be deflated, making this much easier for us.

Lancaster Offensive Strategy: This week we want to pick on Sacramento’s struggling secondary. We’ve got George Kittle coming back this week which will definitely help with this strategy. We’re going be using our weapons in a variety of ways to attack every level of the field. We hope to be able to get out to an early lead this way and then using our rushing attack to run out the clock for the win.

The Passing Strategy: Sacramento’s secondary is young and has been struggling so we think we’ll have the most success going through the air. SMB is solid but the rest of his CB group has struggled. We’re going to let our weapons do their thing and have them attack at all levels of the field. We’re going to have guys running routes to the short, intermediate, and deep parts of the field after different times. We want to keep this mostly young secondary on their heels, never getting comfortable with what’s happening. We’re going to be spreading the ball around, not focusing on any specific target. As usual we’re going to have plenty of snaps where we split either Kamara or Kittle out wide to create mismatches. We want to try to get ahead early on.

The Running Strategy: If we can get up by a couple of scores we want to switch to a more run heavy plan to run out the clock. We want to focus on getting our push up front to open up holes as we think Kamara can take advantage of the second level players. Sacramento’s LBs have had some struggles so far this season and we think Kamara can break some tackles if he can get past the DL. We also as usual want to have plenty of Kamara runs to the outside on pitches so that we can get him in space and allow him to make plays.

Lancaster Defensive Strategy: Sacramento’s RB group is young and none have truly broken out yet so we want to focus on the passing game. We’re going to make sure to shut down Matt Ryan, the veteran presence on that offense. We’re going to be looking to get extra pressure on Matt Ryan and play press against his receivers to throw off their timing. 

Substitutions: With so many players questionable this week on defense, I thought I should put a specific section in for substitutions in case certain players do/do not play. If Kenny Clark does not play, Javon Kinlaw will grab the start. Linval Joseph will rotate in with him and Reed, particularly on obvious run downs. If Clark does play, Kinlaw will be rotating heavily with Reed. Jaire Alexander is starting in the slot this week with Chris Harris out, but if Alexander can’t play then Brian Poole will grab the start there. Finally, if Abram can’t play then Vonn Bell will take back his starting spot in the lineup. 

The Pass Defense Strategy: In a stroke of luck for us, Sacramento is equally banged up on offense, almost entirely at the WR position. Sims and Edwards are out and Ruggs is doubtful, leaving them with a more limited group to work with. We want to be physical with them all game and wear them down, especially since our plan is predicated on getting an early lead, leaving Sacramento to go pass heavy if it works. Also, by playing press and getting physical we will disrupt the timing of their routes and give our pass rush a little bit more time to get to Ryan. In coverage, Jalen Ramsey will cover Gallup, Alexander will cover Boyd, and King will cover Preston Williams or whichever other receiver gets the start for Edwards. Eddie Jackson will be playing deep zone. Abram, Wagner, and Warner will all be playing in the box. They will alternate between covering the RB, covering the TE, and blitzing. Each one will take one of these roles on each play. Sacramento’s offensive strength is their OL but with the talent on our DL and the extra blitzer we’re bringing every play we expect to put some pressure on Ryan and keep him from getting comfortable in the pocket.

The Run Defense Strategy: Just because this Sacramento RB group is young doesn’t mean they aren’t talented. We have an extra man in the box to help contain that. We also have someone extra blitzing every play. Between those two things we feel that we should be able to contain the run game. Especially if our game plan works and we’ve got Sacramento playing from behind most of the game so they won’t be able to go to the run as much.

Sacramento Sasquatch

Offense:

QB- Matt Ryan

RB- Jonathan Taylor

X- Michael Gallup

Z- Tyler Boyd

TE- Noah Fant

TE- Dawson Knox

LT- Terron Armstead

LG- Joe Thuney

C- Garrett Bradbury

RG- Dalton Risner

RT- Rob Havenstein 

RB- Antonio Gibson

RB- JK Dobbins

FB- Alec Ingold

TE- Will Dissly

WR- Preston Williams

WR- N’Keal Harry

WR- Tyler Johnson

OT- Jedrick Wills Jr. 

Defense:

LE- Sam Hubbard

NT- Vita Vea

UT- Ndamukong Suh

RE- Trey Flowers

WLB- Kenneth Murray

MLB- Joe Schobert

CB- CJ Henderson

CB- Terrance Mitchell

Nickel- Sean Murphy-Bunting

FS- Jessie Bates

SS- Xavier Woods

DE- Shaq Lawson

DT- Javon Hargrave

DT- Folorunso Fatukasi

DE- Jordan Jenkins

LB- Kyle Van Noy

CB- Bryce Callahan

CB/S- Ceedy Duce

S- Julian Love

Offense Formations: (12 Personnel 60%, 3W 30%, 4W 10%)

We will feature 12 Personnel as our base this week with Fant and Knox at TE. We will incorporate some 3 Wide and 4 Wide looks as well. N’Keal Harry and Preston Williams will split time as the 3rd WR with Knox at TE in 4 wide with Noah Fant split out as the Big Slot. When in 3 and 4 Wide Boyd will alternate lining up out wide and in the slot with the 3rd WR to take advantage of different coverage matchups for Boyd as well as utilize the size of Harry and Williams in the slot on some plays. 

Offensive Strategy: (60/40 Run Pass)

Quick Passing Game to Free Up Receivers

Lancaster has played man with their corners every single game this year with no mention of any zone except Eddie Jackson deep and one game with Warner covering a middle zone. We know their bread and butter is their man coverage. This will benefit us with pre snap reads and we will motion receivers and TE’s around the formation to set up rub routes against their man and press man. If they switch to zone all fo a sudden in their defensive philosophy the motions will expose this as well. They have excellent cover players and this will allow us to free up our receiving options quickly for high percentage completions for Matt Ryan. 

Take Advantage of Open Spaces

We will run primarily shallow and intermediate routes to attack the second level of the defense to help neutralize Eddie Jackson and the pass rush . If we see Eddie favoring a deep side like Lancaster has had him do, we will take some deep shots away from him, where we have true 1 on 1 opportunity deep, and on these plays we will keep the RB in to pass block to provide Ryan extra time. 

Slow Down the Pass Rush

We will incorporate some screens to our RB this game and delay releases off of chips on other RB Routes. While also providing stand in blocking from the RB on receiving plays we do not release him. We want to provide extra protection to Ryan and utilizing screens will slow down the rush as well as having our RB chip or stand in block.

Ball Control to Tire Out the Defense

There really is not a positional weakness on this Lancaster defense. We want to play ball control and wear them out. The more they are on the field the more tired they will be. With our quick high percentage passing game and our heavy run percentage we will look to do exactly that. 

Power Run Game

Back split this week is Taylor 50%/Gibson 40%/Dobbins 10%. We are going to run a mix of power run and zone against an athletic defense and look to beat up on them physically. We will run a healthy percentage of outside power and toss plays to keep the defense running and gas them out as well as attacking inside of the outside rushers as they widen out. We will utilize a significant amount of pulls to get extra blockers on the edges. We will also power inside with slams and dives. Our TE’s will help combo with our T’s and work to the Linebackers and Safeties. 

Defensive Formations:

Base is Nickel against 3 Wide or 2 RB this week. 4-3 against 2 TE sets, Dime against 4 Wide. In Nickel SMB comes in to cover Slot. In Dime CGJ plays other slot as CB/S. In 3 Wide Kyle Van Noy comes off the field. In 4 Wide we will play Kenneth Murray and his athleticism as the Mike. 

Defensive Strategy:

Coverage

For the first time in four games we don’t play against a QB that is a huge threat to beat us with his legs. This is going to allow us to key in more on the other playmakers that Lancaster possesses especially Kamara and Evans. In Nickel we will play 50% man coverage this game with 25% cover 2 and 25% Cover 3. In 4-3 we will play 80% Zone with a mix between Cover 2 and Cover 3, and 20% Man. However if they play 4 Wide we will run exclusively a mix of zone. We will have Terrance Mitchell manning Evans with bracket coverage over the top from Jessie Bates. Even in zone Mitchell will line up across from Evans pre-snap. Mitchell has played very well for Cleveland this season and we like this matchup with help from Bates. CJ Henderson has played well this season against smaller shifty receivers, it’s the big physical receivers that have given him trouble, so he will Man the number 2 WR of Lancaster. In Nickel SMB covers the slot receiver. Xavier Woods mans the TE. In the 4-3 in man Van Noy covers TE2. We will trust our dline to get after Stafford and force him to make mistakes. 

Kamara Focus

Murray and Schobert double Kamara in the 4-3 and Nickel Formations is he lines up in the backfield and we are playing man. If they split him out wide or in the slot in a 2back look and we are in man then SMB and Murray double him and Schobert covers RB2 with Woods on the TE. In all Zone Murray becomes a Kamara spy. We want to limit Kamara’s effectiveness and ability to take over this game.

Run Fits

Teams have been looking to attack our edges as they say the strength of our D is in the interior. However our ends are very good at stopping the run and turning plays inside and that will be their focus against the run. Do not get beat outside and funnel everything back in. We will play gap focused football to keep the Lancaster running game contained and not let them take over this game. 

Squatch Strong!

Haven't made a decision here but I did want to just state my own opinion.  Sacramento did account for double TE usage and while he might have forgot Kittle was healthy obviously if Kittle is on the field, he is gonna notice. I felt like Sacramento left that wisely non-specific so I personally don't put any 'penalty into not directly acknowledging kittle in the written gameplan 

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Haven't made a decision here but I did want to just state my own opinion.  Sacramento did account for double TE usage and while he might have forgot Kittle was healthy obviously if Kittle is on the field, he is gonna notice. I felt like Sacramento left that wisely non-specific so I personally don't put any 'penalty into not directly acknowledging kittle in the written gameplan 

I think the idea is more that he forgot to gameplan for Kittle at all. So instead of giving extra help if he wanted he just has Xavier Woods covering him solo all game.

2 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I think the idea is more that he forgot to gameplan for Kittle at all. So instead of giving extra help if he wanted he just has Xavier Woods covering him solo all game.

Woods will get the job done! If you say otherwise you are like all the other bullies who keep trashing my players for no reason! 

Jimmy Fallon No GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

After watching Atlanta put the same linebacker on Robert Tonyan over and over again last night even though he was getting his *** beat every play, my belief that coaches will change up their scheme if something isn't working has been irreparably shattered.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

After watching Atlanta put the same linebacker on Robert Tonyan over and over again last night even though he was getting his *** beat every play, my belief that coaches will change up their scheme if something isn't working has been irreparably shattered.

We aren’t Atlanta. But keep coming after me and I’m going to go get your girlfriend Footsy. Look I’m sorry you lost in mafia last night man. Your team let you down.