R.I.P league - Here's to 11 great years!

beekay414

BLOCKBUSTER

BK gets:
OF/1B Rhys Hoskins
3B Josh Donaldson
SP Joey Lucchesi
bD's last 3 picks

bD gets: 
3B Kris Bryant
OF David Dahl
BK's 2nd round pick
BK's 3rd round pick
BK's 4th round pick

bD's Take: I feel like me and BK both feel sick here, but I thought it was too good. I wanted Bryant back and love Dahl's upside in Colorado and adding those 3 picks I now own 8 picks in first 4 rounds. Tough to let Hoskins go, as me and BK both feel he can be an amazing player and he's already showing it. Plus Lucchesi.. ........ ?? Also hoping Soto keeps raking and could get up to AA this year if all goes well and be a top 3 prospect heading into 2019. 

Just now, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

BLOCKBUSTER

BK gets:
OF/1B Rhys Hoskins
3B Josh Donaldson
SP Joey Lucchesi
bD's last 3 picks

bD gets: 
3B Kris Bryant
OF David Dahl
BK's 2nd round pick
BK's 3rd round pick
BK's 4th round pick

bD's Take: I feel like me and BK both feel sick here, but I thought it was too good. I wanted Bryant back and love Dahl's upside in Colorado and adding those 3 picks I now own 8 picks in first 4 rounds. Tough to let Hoskins go, as me and BK both feel he can be an amazing player and he's already showing it. Plus Lucchesi.. ........ ?? Also hoping Soto keeps raking and could get up to AA this year if all goes well and be a top 3 prospect heading into 2019. 

Yeah, I'm not entirely thrilled with sending out so many picks but I've never really put a huge emphasis on them so why start now? I get a guy who could be as good as Bryant, in Hoskins, as well as a perennial MVP 3B and a young SP I am really high on that I was just late picking up. Should've trusted my instincts with him earlier.

3 hours ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

So far he's the first major benefactor of the reset.

Lost Ohtani but gains 1st place team?

Pitching is carrying him right now but I highly doubt it's sustainable with that group. We'll see though. Seen crazier things.

18 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Pitching is carrying him right now but I highly doubt it's sustainable with that group. We'll see though. Seen crazier things.

True, but Votto, Merrifeld, Contreras have all got off to really slow starts on his offense too.

4 minutes ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

True, but Votto, Merrifeld, Contreras have all got off to really slow starts on his offense too.

True but if both positive regression for the bats and negative regression for the pitchers happens, I'm more than willing to bet that the pitching level drops significantly further than the bats rise. 

But, as I said before, I've seen crazier things.

Archived