R.I.P league - Here's to 11 great years!

beekay414

Was looking to make another trade today but it was declined so going to hold onto Byron Buxton and hope for a rebound in production and value over the next couple of months. I've worked hard over the last few weeks to assemble my 12 keepers that check every box and have a lot of youth so I can have a great core for many years. I hope to trade less moving forward now that I have this core and plan on keeping most of the core intact. 

bDoDDleS Projected 2019 Keepers:
1B Freddie Freeman
2B Dee Gordon
3B Kris Bryant
SS Frankie Lindor
*INF Austin Riley/Ryon Healy/Willy Adames/Luis Urias
OF Ronald Acuña Jr
OF Juan Soto
OF Victor Robles
OF Eddie Rosario
OF Justin Upton
*OF Byron Buxton/Franchy Cordero
SP Gerrit Cole
SP Madison Bumgarner

* = 12th spot and still up in the air at this point

So no matter who the 12th spot is, that checks off all the boxes I wanted in a group of keepers. All 5 hitting categories are filled, youth, and 2 SP aces. 

Plus a probable top 2-3 pick which should net me another top prospect (Bichette, Greene, Lewis, Whitley), depending on if they get called up in 2018 or not. Also, any possible top veteran that might not get kept. Plus, another 1st round pick, 2 2nd round picks, 4 3rd round picks, 3 4th round picks. 

2019 is gonna be MY year.

2 hours ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

Was looking to make another trade today but it was declined so going to hold onto Byron Buxton and hope for a rebound in production and value over the next couple of months. I've worked hard over the last few weeks to assemble my 12 keepers that check every box and have a lot of youth so I can have a great core for many years. I hope to trade less moving forward now that I have this core and plan on keeping most of the core intact. 

bDoDDleS Projected 2019 Keepers:
1B Freddie Freeman
2B Dee Gordon
3B Kris Bryant
SS Frankie Lindor
*INF Austin Riley/Ryon Healy/Willy Adames/Luis Urias
OF Ronald Acuña Jr
OF Juan Soto
OF Victor Robles
OF Eddie Rosario
OF Justin Upton
*OF Byron Buxton/Franchy Cordero
SP Gerrit Cole
SP Madison Bumgarner

* = 12th spot and still up in the air at this point

So no matter who the 12th spot is, that checks off all the boxes I wanted in a group of keepers. All 5 hitting categories are filled, youth, and 2 SP aces. 

Plus a probable top 2-3 pick which should net me another top prospect (Bichette, Greene, Lewis, Whitley), depending on if they get called up in 2018 or not. Also, any possible top veteran that might not get kept. Plus, another 1st round pick, 2 2nd round picks, 4 3rd round picks, 3 4th round picks. 

2019 is gonna be MY year.

I almost made Buxton my 3rd keeper, thank god I didn't. He'll pick it up in August but he's garbage statistically right now

Anyways Ozzie Albies continues to carry my crap offense. Another solid night

My projected keepers

2B Ozzie Albies (21)

2B/3B Nick Senzel (22)

SS Manny Machado (25)

3B/1B/OF Joey Gallo (24)

OF Andrew Benintendi (23)

OF Christian Yelich (26)

SP/DH  Shohei Ohtani (23)

SP Clayton Kershaw (30)

SP Jose Berrios (23)

SP Alex Reyes (23)

CL Craig Kimbrel (29)

** 12th keeper will come down to Corey Knebel, David Dahl, Justin Smoak or Sean Newcomb 

Building a dynasty 

3 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

2B Ozzie Albies (21)

2B/3B Nick Senzel (22)

SS Manny Machado (25)

3B/1B/OF Joey Gallo (24)

OF Andrew Benintendi (23)

OF Christian Yelich (26)

SP/DH  Shohei Ohtani (23)

SP Clayton Kershaw (30)

SP Jose Berrios (23)

SP Alex Reyes (23)

CL Craig Kimbrel (29)

Building a dynasty 

tenor.gif

9 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Bruh, you have Gerrit Cole and you're banking on Mad Bum. Even if you hit on your prospects it's still debatable you'll out score me 2019.

#notworried #dynastystartsnow

The only thing you've ever have, or will, beat me in is the number of hashtags in a post on FF #thisisnottwitter

48 minutes ago, crab1106 said:

I count 5. We can dream on Acuna and Soto all we want but they haven'tproved anything.

?? Freeman, Gordon, Lindor, Bryant, Rosario, Upton, Cole, Bumgarner are 8 of my 12 then the 3 young OFs. The 12th spot with Buxton is still up on the air but it will be for a power hitting INF or Buxton depending on how the year goes.  

I'd take that group of 8 with my 12 picks in the first 5 rounds of the draft to fill out my team over anyone in this league and it's not close.

25 minutes ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Its weird having Correa on my team. I think the only other top player ive never had on my team is Altuve haha

JK. Lol not sure for me. I've had Altuve and Springer. Even had Judge for a short time. 

37 minutes ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

?? Freeman, Gordon, Lindor, Bryant, Rosario, Upton, Cole, Bumgarner are 8 of my 12 then the 3 young OFs. The 12th spot with Buxton is still up on the air but it will be for a power hitting INF or Buxton depending on how the year goes.  

I'd take that group of 8 with my 12 picks in the first 5 rounds of the draft to fill out my team over anyone in this league and it's not close.

Not saying your team isn't good, just don't trash on someone's future if you don't expect to have your own trashed.

15 minutes ago, crab1106 said:

Not saying your team isn't good, just don't trash on someone's future if you don't expect to have your own trashed.

You trashed my team? Yeah the whole half my roster of prospects or saying 3 top OF prospects with 8 top veterans is a team that's gotta 'prove it'? 

I still don't see where you trashed my team. And I didn't trash BGs team, I've even said he's got a good group. I laughed at his dynasty talk, but don't let that ruin your narrative.

Archived