R.I.P league - Here's to 11 great years!

beekay414

NEW BLOCKBUSTER

Dingo18287 gets:
SP Walker Buehler
OF Rhys Hoskins
3B Rafael Devers

bDoDDleS gets:
3B Kris Bryant
OF Victor Robles

bD's Take: Feel like I've been after Bryant and Robles for feels like months. Finally found a deal where I could get them, I regret dealing Bryant after getting the Turner deal, but make up for it here. I lose my SP keeper duo in Buehler but I'll be on the lookout for a sidekick for Cole moving forward but wanted to get Bryant and Robles and with Cole, and I felt I can find another SP either now or with my 1st round pick. 

I'd only deal Freeman, Moncada, Correa, Bryant, Acuna, Soto, Robles, Cole for a select few players and will be my core for the foreseeable future,  so not completely untouchable but very close. Buxton, Rosario, Tatis are projected keepers but can be moved to get another target or 2 of mine. Still have one more guy I want bad and hopefully, I can get him. 

Another Blockbuster

Herbie Hancock gets:
SS Carlos Correa
SP Andrew Heaney

bDoDDleS gets:
2B Dee Gordon
SP Madison Bumgarner

bD's Take: This is in tandem with 1 or 2 more deals I'm about to make. Bumgarner is the prize here, he's always been my favorite out of the Kluber, Sale, Strasburg tier, but 2 freak injuries have derailed him, but looking forward to him coming back in 2018 and hopefully being normal Bumgarner and being the duo with Gerrit Cole for my 2019 run.  More to come...

ANOTHER DEAL

bkobow05 gets:
2B Yoan Moncada
SS Fernando Tatis Jr

bDoDDleS gets:
SS Frankie Lindor

bD's Take: This was the other part of the Correa deal from earlier, I knew I could get Lindor from BK. I basically deal swap 2B's (Gordon and Moncada) and SS's (Lindor and Correa) and get Bumgarner for Tatis and Heaney. Thought that was too good to pass up. Still, love Moncada but Gordon's SB's are a major boom in an SB starved fantasy game right now.  

Still, have a couple other deals in the works including saves with Doolittle and SB's with Gordon. So LMK, if you want, saves or steals. 

3-way deal

bkobow05 gets:
SS Elvis Andrus

crab1106 gets:
RP Sean Doolittle
OF Wille Calhoun

bDoDDleS gets:
OF Justin Upton

bD's Take: With Dee Gordon added to the team I was looking to move some SB's for more power and this completes that perfectly. 

My reasoning behind the deals...

Been after my 2Botf for a few weeks now and, well, I got him. He's arguably (inb4 people miss that word) the premiere long term keeper 2B if he ever hits his ceiling (talking early Alfonso Soriano - .290 - 35-100-100-35). I also got back my SSotf in Tatis who is a legit power threat with some speed from the position. 

The Upton-Andrus deal was a IF spot switch for OF. JD Martinez only needs 2 more starts in left in order to keep his OF eligibility intact for 2019 so I'm set at all 4 OF spots (Pham, Cain, Martinez, Pollock) so swapping Upton for my open IF spot and a 5 cat guy like Andrus made too much sense.

I know I just dealt for Lindor but, even ask bD, I brought up Moncada first in those talks for Cole. So, he was always the apple of my eye. I see the overall deal as Cole-Hoskins-Upton for Moncada-Andrus-Fowler-Pivetta-1st. I'm not going to argue with that. I also don't have a single guy that can win me SB but I think I've got a good enough collection of players that swipe bases that would allow me to finish in a decent spot this year and beyond.

Projected Keepers (as of 5/22/18)
C - Gary Sanchez
1B - Cody Bellinger
2B - Yoan Moncada
3B - Miguel Andujar
SS - Fernando Tatis Jr
IF - Elvis Andrus
OF - Lorenzo Cain
OF - JD Martinez
OF - Tommy Pham
OF - AJ Pollock
SP - Justin Verlander
SP - Nick Pivetta

Pivetta's spot is really the only spot up in the air.

19 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Been after my 2Botf for a few weeks now and, well, I got him. He's arguably (inb4 people miss that word) the premiere long-term keeper 2B if he ever hits his ceiling (talking early Alfonso Soriano - .290 - 35-100-100-35). 

I need a new team name :(

10 hours ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

ANOTHER DEAL

bkobow05 gets:
2B Yoan Moncada
SS Fernando Tatis Jr

bDoDDleS gets:
SS Frankie Lindor

bD's Take: This was the other part of the Correa deal from earlier, I knew I could get Lindor from BK. I basically deal swap 2B's (Gordon and Moncada) and SS's (Lindor and Correa) and get Bumgarner for Tatis and Heaney. Thought that was too good to pass up. Still, love Moncada but Gordon's SB's are a major boom in an SB starved fantasy game right now.  

Still, have a couple other deals in the works including saves with Doolittle and SB's with Gordon. So LMK, if you want, saves or steals. 

Interesting to say the least...

7 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

My reasoning behind the deals...

Been after my 2Botf for a few weeks now and, well, I got him. He's arguably (inb4 people miss that word) the premiere long term keeper 2B if he ever hits his ceiling (talking early Alfonso Soriano - .290 - 35-100-100-35). I also got back my SSotf in Tatis who is a legit power threat with some speed from the position. 

The Upton-Andrus deal was a IF spot switch for OF. JD Martinez only needs 2 more starts in left in order to keep his OF eligibility intact for 2019 so I'm set at all 4 OF spots (Pham, Cain, Martinez, Pollock) so swapping Upton for my open IF spot and a 5 cat guy like Andrus made too much sense.

I know I just dealt for Lindor but, even ask bD, I brought up Moncada first in those talks for Cole. So, he was always the apple of my eye. I see the overall deal as Cole-Hoskins-Upton for Moncada-Andrus-Fowler-Pivetta-1st. I'm not going to argue with that. I also don't have a single guy that can win me SB but I think I've got a good enough collection of players that swipe bases that would allow me to finish in a decent spot this year and beyond.

Projected Keepers (as of 5/22/18)
C - Gary Sanchez
1B - Cody Bellinger
2B - Yoan Moncada
3B - Miguel Andujar
SS - Fernando Tatis Jr
IF - Elvis Andrus
OF - Lorenzo Cain
OF - JD Martinez
OF - Tommy Pham
OF - AJ Pollock
SP - Justin Verlander
SP - Nick Pivetta

Pivetta's spot is really the only spot up in the air.

That K rate is gonna have to improve dramatically to sniff that projected stat line of .290 100 Runs and 35 SB's.

That team is balanced asf offensively tho 

Small deal

Sending 

OF/1B Jose Martinez

Receiving 

CL Brad Boxberger

If Jose Martinez keeps pace HH wins this trade but I felt Martinez was replaceable and a bubble keeper at best so this deal helps my Saves/WHIP and ERA

Archived