Is it risky for Reich to stand by Rivers too much ???

HOF19

All the talk is on Rivers but what is going on with that OL? All of a sudden they can't run the ball or pass protect?

And what did they do to Jonathan Taylor? He has no vision now as a pro?

TY also isn't the same guy and beside him he's throwing to all practice squad guys. 

Rivers is slowing down but this also isn't the team he signed up for.

So, I've seen a few people make comments indicating that the pass pro has been poor for Indy. I'll admit to not having watched the Colts consistently this year, but is the OL really struggling in pass pro? Rivers is a pretty immobile QB, and he has the second lowest sack rate of any QB in the league right now. He's getting sacked half as much as he almost ever did when he was with the Chargers. PFF has 3/5 of the line graded as top 10. They've been healthy outside this week with Castonzo, too. Pass pro was perfect on the pick six. He had a pocket to step up into on the safety and just kind of...didn't.

I don't know, I don't want to say I don't think the OL is the problem, because like I said, I haven't watched every Colts snap or anything, but I do know fans always think their OL sucks, and I just find it hard to believe that that's the issue given the evidence I've found saying otherwise.

12 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

Rivers is slowing down but this also isn't the team he signed up for.

Rivers is almost done, the Colts know it and so do their opponents.
Here's a snippet from Michael Lombardi via The Athletic

"Football is a game filled with imperfections. Nothing ever goes as planned. Each play has mental and physical breakdowns, weird bounces and strange decisions. Colts starting quarterback Philip Rivers knows that better than anyone — he’s seen it all, the good, the bad, and the ugly. But at this stage of his career, everything around Rivers must be perfect in order for him to succeed. Rivers requires perfect pass protection, perfect route running, perfect execution. The tiniest breakdowns cause the entire passing game to shut down.

The Colts’ version of Philip Rivers needs perfection in an imperfect game, which means his career is rapidly approaching the end. I love Philip Rivers, the player, the person, the trash-talking non-cursing, competitively driven man. But I cannot allow that love to amend my judgment of what the tape shows. The tape never lies. And the tape of Rivers from 2019 until today is not good."

Article goes on to cite all the issues that point to this being the end of Rivers career.

Indy has the cash to take on Matt Ryan and he is likely a better option than drafting /grooming a rookie for this Indy team
Rivers is 39, Ryan is "only" 35

13 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Rivers is almost done, the Colts know it and so do their opponents.
Here's a snippet from Michael Lombardi via The Athletic

"Football is a game filled with imperfections. Nothing ever goes as planned. Each play has mental and physical breakdowns, weird bounces and strange decisions. Colts starting quarterback Philip Rivers knows that better than anyone — he’s seen it all, the good, the bad, and the ugly. But at this stage of his career, everything around Rivers must be perfect in order for him to succeed. Rivers requires perfect pass protection, perfect route running, perfect execution. The tiniest breakdowns cause the entire passing game to shut down.

The Colts’ version of Philip Rivers needs perfection in an imperfect game, which means his career is rapidly approaching the end. I love Philip Rivers, the player, the person, the trash-talking non-cursing, competitively driven man. But I cannot allow that love to amend my judgment of what the tape shows. The tape never lies. And the tape of Rivers from 2019 until today is not good."

Article goes on to cite all the issues that point to this being the end of Rivers career.

Indy has the cash to take on Matt Ryan and he is likely a better option than drafting /grooming a rookie for this Indy team
Rivers is 39, Ryan is "only" 35

The least productive running game and the league and throwing to guys named Marcus Johnson, Dulin and Pascal can also rapidly end your career.

Same pundits were trying to hang up Brady last year. 

Edited by BrownLeader

3 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

Same pundits were trying to hang up Brady last year. 

In general yes, but this particular pundit - Michael Lombardi ? Seems unlikely.

Reich knows how to help a QB so we'll see what happens going forward -  I think he's done
Next 3 weeks won't give much of an answer with Cincy, Bye and Detroit on the docket, things toughen up after that

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/clt/2020.htm