NCAA Basketball Thread: '21-22

NYRaider

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

So it's fine when someone predicts what you want but when someone doesn't they're a joke. Makes sense.

Houston should be the consensus pick to win the conference going into the season until prove otherwise.  Point. Blank. Period. 

Edited by Texansfan713

5 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Houston should be the consensus pick to win the conference until prove otherwise.  Point. Blank. Period. 

lol, why?  Because their team last year that was very different and lost its best players won it?  Iowa is no longer the top team in the B10 because their best players left.  It happens.  I would not bet on Houston at all.  I know you want it to last as long as possible but its foolish thinking there won't be a fall off. 

5 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

lol, why?  Because their team last year that was very different and lost its best players won it?  Iowa is no longer the top team in the B10 because their best players left.  It happens.  I would not bet on Houston at all.  I know you want it to last as long as possible but its foolish thinking there won't be a fall off. 

Thats the big 10.  The AAC a worse conference.  Penny hasnt proven anything yet.  I couldnt care less about their recruiting classes they are bringing in.  Actually im glad they are ranked higher.  Gives us bulletin board material when we smack them both meetings this season. More pressure on them. 

5 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Houston should be the consensus pick to win the conference going into the season until prove otherwise.  Point. Blank. Period. 

So the defending national champion should always be the pick to win the national championship again?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

does baylor play in the weak AAC?

It's the same logic. Don't try and move the goalpost now. You're saying Houston should be the pick based on last season. Why not use the same logic for every conference or the national champion? Hell, why not the Super Bowl and NBA Finals and so on?

It's a poor argument and you know it.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Thats the big 10.  The AAC a worse conference.  Penny hasnt proven anything yet.  I couldnt care less about their recruiting classes they are bringing in.  Actually im glad they are ranked higher.  Gives us bulletin board material when we smack them both meetings this season. More pressure on them. 

So the players Houston brings in matters, but the players Memphis brings in don't?  Lol

19 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

what has memphis proven to be ranked higher than houston? the fact they brought in a better recruiting class?  too bad recruiting rankings mean jack squat. 

They brought in 2 of the top 5 players in the next NBA draft.  They didn't just bring in a group of 4 star players that you can argue actual rankings between 50 and 100.  The two top gets for them are the top 2 in a whole class.  That is important.  I know it doesnt happen often in small conferences like the AAC but thats why its even more important since they will be playing lesser competition.   Penny finished the season strong, won the NIT, and added a ton of talent.  Houston had a good run and lost a ton of talent.  They will still be good because of Sampson but they will fall off.  Thats how rankings work.