bell

3rivers

7 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Hell no, he isn't right now.  Also love how you automatically omit James Conner out of the discussion to make a point.  

Actually, he is.

Funny how you werent smart enough to understand the point he was making was that he would at least be a capable RB behind Conner, so there was no need to bring Conner up since Bell wouldnt be replacing him.

Keep Ramblin.

Edited by 43M
  • Like 2

From what I heard, he has signed with the Chiefs on a one year deal. I have not heard the $$$ amount. 

My problem with Bell was that he was a bit immature and made some questionable business decisions.

I get that you should look out for yourself, but you also must ensure that you are in the best place to

utilize your talents, have success in the scheme, and win.  All of those help to make and keep you marketable.

I think Bell was growing from some of the earlier issues and he like AB was a tremendously hard worker and gave his

all on the field. I would have liked him being back to be what Kareem Hunt is to the Browns. Before sitting out a year and them

leaving Pittsburgh, Bell was arguably the "best all-around RB in the NFL." He may not have been the pure RB of Zeke Elliot, or the 

punishing downhill runner of Nick Chubb, but Bell could run effectively, he was one of the best pass protecting RB's in the entire league 

and yes, he could catch like a WR. He was versatile and dangerous in an attacking offense. I think most fans love the character

and heart of James Connor. Steelers Nation pulls for this guy, but his health/availability is a concern. We are starting to say the same thing

about WR Dionte Johnson. You can have a ton of talent, but if you can't stay healthy to play, it doesn't help the team. 

Bottom line: Bell could have helped the Steelers. He would have been a great back-up and could play himself back into a

starting role should Connor go down again.  Most of us would be more comfortable with Bell starting than Snell at this point,

especially from a ball security standpoint.  I am glad he got his guaranteed money, but realistically he lost some money

and most definitely somewhat tarnished his football career legacy. He had potential to be the #2 RB of all time in the franchise behind Franco.

Like AB there will always be that asterisk with some fans. 

On 10/16/2020 at 2:57 AM, 43M said:

Actually, he is.

Funny how you werent smart enough to understand the point he was making was that he would at least be a capable RB behind Conner, so there was no need to bring Conner up since Bell wouldnt be replacing him.

Keep Ramblin.

Benny Snell is playing much better football right now than LeVeon Bell is. 

You could give Romeo Crennell the football in the backfield and he'd probably have a better season than LeVeon's having.  

You can't just assume that he's going to automatically be the #2 RB on the depth chart after he had the gull to take an entire season off from the league.  

You can't do that and think you're going to come back the same.  

He's going to be a dumpster fire in Kansas City.  He's just another part time target for Mahomes.  That's it.  

But you go right ahead and keep defending his lazy ***.

bell went to the chiefs, but their OL is having problems this year , injuries, different players and just not playing as well right now anyways. bell needs a good OL, without it he will not be good in the run game, but could still be very important in the passing game creating match up problems for the DC.  Chiefs lose Osemele for the year, and they might have to pass more to win, especially if their defence can't improve.  As someone put it, bell is more of a luxury for the chiefs right now, a good way to describe this. He won't be getting 30 touches a game thats for sure.