Boston Celtics Thread

Deadpulse

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like the Celtics match up better against Golden State than they do the Rockets. C's stole one at home, I have a feeling that this one might go a little different.

Kyrie has played 50 minutes these past two games combined.. Not that he usually plays a ton of minutes but it's nice to see your team winning with your star player sitting almost half the game. Guessing he'll be closer to 35 Saturday

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Boston really finding their grove again. The addition of G Monroe has been solid. some games against certain matchups he provides something that Boston doesn't have much of and that is post up options. Kyrie has played as good as ever it seems, while Boston is doing a great job of playing when he isn't in the lineup. Tatum while still not getting the touches that I wish he would get, still looks as aggressive and versatile as ever, making all kind of moves to the basket. 

I don't want to jinx it but Smart has not taken as many ill advised/bad shots since he returned to the team. Morris still does not pass, but at least he is making a better pct. of his shots now.

J Brown's IQ still needs work, but his fearlessness on offense and defense is still valuable for Boston.

On 3/9/2018 at 10:22 PM, resilient part 2 said:

Boston really finding their grove again. The addition of G Monroe has been solid. some games against certain matchups he provides something that Boston doesn't have much of and that is post up options. Kyrie has played as good as ever it seems, while Boston is doing a great job of playing when he isn't in the lineup. Tatum while still not getting the touches that I wish he would get, still looks as aggressive and versatile as ever, making all kind of moves to the basket. 

I don't want to jinx it but Smart has not taken as many ill advised/bad shots since he returned to the team. Morris still does not pass, but at least he is making a better pct. of his shots now.

J Brown's IQ still needs work, but his fearlessness on offense and defense is still valuable for Boston.

I think Tatum needs to work on keeping control of the ball when he's driving to the basket. I feel like his anticipation is great and can make moves on the fly to get to the basket but he's just gotta keep control of the ball while doing it. Kid just turned 20 so has plenty of time to figure that out. 

Confused about your opinion on Brown's IQ though. He's possibly one of the smartest guys on the court. I do remember hearing him say that sometimes he "overthinks" the offense and says he needs to simplify his game sometimes but I don't think Brown's IQ is an issue. 

Curious as to see some the opinion of Horford from Celtics fans on this site. Boston radio, namely Lou Merloni, and Celtics Twitter thinks he's basically garbage. 

2 hours ago, Spooky said:

Curious as to see some the opinion of Horford from Celtics fans on this site.

You ever heard of a glue guy? They are invaluable and Horford is just that. Glue guys are the players that do all the little things, set all the screens, dive for the loose balls, switch out of position, dont complain about minutes or how many points he scores. He's the guy that makes everyone else on the floor better. He's the guy that keeps the team focused when they are down or disciplined when they are up. He's the guy who does all the things that dont show up in the stat sheet and he could care less as long as the team wins. Thats Al Horford. 

3 hours ago, Spooky said:

I think Tatum needs to work on keeping control of the ball when he's driving to the basket. I feel like his anticipation is great and can make moves on the fly to get to the basket but he's just gotta keep control of the ball while doing it. Kid just turned 20 so has plenty of time to figure that out. 

Confused about your opinion on Brown's IQ though. He's possibly one of the smartest guys on the court. I do remember hearing him say that sometimes he "overthinks" the offense and says he needs to simplify his game sometimes but I don't think Brown's IQ is an issue. 

Curious as to see some the opinion of Horford from Celtics fans on this site. Boston radio, namely Lou Merloni, and Celtics Twitter thinks he's basically garbage. 

Basically you answered exactly like I was thinking he overthinks things part of that is that he's only 21 but it does need to improve. Sometimes he has so many moves that he doesn't need to make if he just relying on this first and athletic ability he will be a much better player hopefully sooner than later

I think fans are just focusing on his contract and see that he has a “max deal” and expect him to have 25/10. Max deal means nothing to me really in the NBA and he does so much for them on both sides of the court. Could be a potential DPOY candidate and he’s so good at facilitating. Just thought this narrative was insane 

Hopefully Irving’s knee soreness doesn’t get worse, need to make it through this season alive. they’ve had a lot of injuries this year it seems like. Irving, Horford, Smart and now Brown have all been out for extended time. And Hayward goes without saying. Browns injury  could have been a lot worse though. 

52 minutes ago, Spooky said:

Hopefully Irving’s knee soreness doesn’t get worse, need to make it through this season alive. they’ve had a lot of injuries this year it seems like. Irving, Horford, Smart and now Brown have all been out for extended time. And Hayward goes without saying. Browns injury  could have been a lot worse though. 

And there goes Theis for the season..