Boston Celtics Thread

Deadpulse

• 1 month later...

Celtic fan here, and I am pumped. Really wanted to see how JB and Tatum look in major minutes. Although losing Bradley and Crowder might seem like a loss, I liken it to taking a step back , but 2 steps forward with the increase of playing time for the young guns. Throw  Kyrie and Boston has a lot of really fun pieces to watch. 

18 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

I'm not worried. Suns and Kings fans said the same thing about IT. Stevens will get the best out of Kyrie, something Clevelands crap coaches couldn't do.

Coach him up just enough to lose in the ECF? Cleveland coaches couldn't figure that out the last 3 years but I am sure Boston can get him there!

1 hour ago, MookieMonster said:

Cleveland has had crap coacing. Are you going to try and deny that? Brad Stevens is a top 5 NBA coach, and I wouldn't swap him for anyone besides Pop. I think its pretty safe to say Kyrie will improve here with a great coach who will keep him accountable and not be Lebrons bish.

Not doubting Stevens as a coach but if LeBron couldn't get him to adapt his game I struggle to see how anyone would.

What? Lebron is not a coach and he's routinely undermined all his coaches to play "Lebron ball" his entire career. If you're a 25 year old All Star why would you just play Lebrons games at the expense of your own game? Leaving Lebron will be the best thing to happen to Kyries game. Literally all he has to do is play within Stevens offense at times, because its not like IT did it all the time, and give effort on defense.

If he does that his game will take a huge step forward. Of course he could be stubborn as a mule and refuse to do so, but I'm currently leaning towards Brad Stevens being able to get him to buy in. Especially since its the Celtics/Cavs conference this year and we all know he wants to stick it to Lebron and vice versa. I literally can't wait for that series, it has ALL TIME great potential with all the hatred between players on both teams right now.

Crowder vs Hayward
IT vs Kyrie
Lebron vs Kyrie

Its going to be glorious.

6 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

What? Lebron is not a coach and he's routinely undermined all his coaches to play "Lebron ball" his entire career. If you're a 25 year old All Star why would you just play Lebrons games at the expense of your own game? Leaving Lebron will be the best thing to happen to Kyries game. Literally all he has to do is play within Stevens offense at times, because its not like IT did it all the time, and give effort on defense.

If he does that his game will take a huge step forward. Of course he could be stubborn as a mule and refuse to do so, but I'm currently leaning towards Brad Stevens being able to get him to buy in. Especially since its the Celtics/Cavs conference this year and we all know he wants to stick it to Lebron and vice versa. I literally can't wait for that series, it has ALL TIME great potential with all the hatred between players on both teams right now.

Crowder vs Hayward
IT vs Kyrie
Lebron vs Kyrie

Its going to be glorious.

I wouldn't get your hopes up.

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

thanks. I really can't wait for this season to come. Boston may not be ready to win the title, but the core of players are really so young and full of potential IMO. Boston has 2 prime ALLSTARS in Kyrie and Hayward, with potentially 2 players with very high ceilings Brown and Tatum. By 2020 I see 4 ALLSTARS B|