Boston Celtics Thread

Deadpulse

Horford is going to be washed up / a Marcus Morris level role player, in one or two years.  

If we could get Davis with a package featuring Horford and the Lakers pick, and one of Brown/Tatum, I'd do it instantly.

Kyrie - Brown/Tatum - Hayward - Davis core.    That's a legit big-3 or 4 pending on Brown/Tatum.  

2 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

Horford is going to be washed up / a Marcus Morris level role player, in one or two years.  

If we could get Davis with a package featuring Horford and the Lakers pick, and one of Brown/Tatum, I'd do it instantly.

Kyrie - Brown/Tatum - Hayward - Davis core.    That's a legit big-3 or 4 pending on Brown/Tatum.  

Horford Lakers/Sac pick and Brown. I want Tatum.

Some interesting comments by Lebron post game.  

Don't have the exact quotes but the conversation went something like...

Reporter:  Are there any teams that are threats for the Cavs in the playoffs in the East this year?

Lebron:  Absolutely.  Miami, Boston, Toronto, all playing well.  

Now juxtapose that to Lebrons comments in the past.  Where when asked about the Celtics/Raptors in the past he'd brush them off as if they were some annoying gnat to swat at away.  "I've been to 5 straight finals" and things along those lines.   Dismissive of competition in the East.  This is much like the Warriors interview last year after game one where he seemed resigned to that they were flat out, out-gunned.  "That's a different Warriors team this year".  

Lebron already setting the bed for losing in the playoffs [before the finals]?

@sdrawkcab321

9 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Horford Lakers/Sac pick and Brown. I want Tatum.

I personally would also rather have Tatum than Brown.

It's just a bit more questionable because of positions.  GH probably can't play SG full time and Davis can't play C full time.  

-

Great win tonight.  C's looked flat out better than the Cavs and out matched them, much like they had to us past years.   

Edited by tonyto36

I STILL SAY Boston is one good role player away from making some serious noise in the playoffs. INCLUDING Cleveland. 

Morris, hate him or not, is still capable of making shots, even with dumb shot selection. What that does is help keep teams out of the lane against Irving, But for the sake of argument, could you imagine having Korver on Boston with all the attention Kyrie gets. If KI had Tatum on one side and Korver on the other, Boston would be unstoppable. So the question is who can Boston pick up to be that player? Low Williams? But LAC is winning again, so may not be possible. 

My hopes, though may not be realistic is Ty Evans. small contract. Need to find a way to get him.

Other notes on tonight's game. I thought Brown settled for too many contested 3s. Would Love to have him attack the rim more. Tatum went in soft early this game, but his versatility/fundamentals and courage showed bigtime in the second half.

Rozier shooting the way he did is a major BONUS for Boston. Hope he can keep it up. 

Horford should NOT be allowed to do that over the left shoulder fade away again. 

Baynes, who I don't like as a starter, is the perfect player to keep Tristan Thompson off the boards. Don't like him much against most other teams though.

I can't believe Boston won so easily with their starters missing so many open 3s. 3 for 17 from starting 5. 

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

Damn Gerald Green goes for 27 points off the bench and 7-10 from 3. Why the hell couldn't Boston sign him to a similar non guaranteed contract like Houston did. He might have been a nice spark for Boston's bench. Especially over keeping someone like Nadar on the bench.

I didn't see the game, but I imagine he got more wide open looks due to spacing/CP3 than he'd get here.  Plus it was just one good shooting night.

Still, would probably rather have him than Nader short term.  

Overall good night.  Celtics beat Cavs.  Lakers lose.  Nets win.  

Raptors win again [and beat the Bulls] which is bad.  Raptors staying pace with us.  They've been really good the past month.  

C's on pace to win 60+ games for first time since 2007(?)

IT of course playing to the ego, needs to be worshipped twice and put off the video tribute.   On top of that likely wanted the opportunity to play when the tribute goes on so he can put in his egomaniac "Book of Ego" idiotic series.   Just pure ego and selfishness still, coming from IT even from a different franchise.

Pierce just came out and said he doesn't want IT honored on his day.  It should be his day and that is right by me.  

Tell IT that he isn't a Celtic anymore, sit your *** down, and you missed your chance.