Boston Celtics Thread

Deadpulse

3 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Hypothetical question if you can get the top pick of the draft for Stevens would you do it?

What does this team need with the top pick of the draft? They already have a bunch of extra picks and two young guys who look like studs along with a big three you are paying the big bucks to. 

3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

What does this team need with the top pick of the draft? They already have a bunch of extra picks and two young guys who look like studs along with a big three you are paying the big bucks to. 

This was a poorly worded question. I meant it in general terms. Would a franchise (any team) rather have a great coach or the top pick (in a very good top heavy draft) 

55 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

Marcus Morris suckssssss.

I'd trade him for anything just to see him gone.

Lol, I think you are being a bit tough with Morris he may not be a great all-around type player the Celtics want but he is still a scoring threat and a shooting threat and sometimes that alone will help keep the lanes open for players like Kyrie Irving and Tatum to penetrate, trading Morris with a draft pick might be the long-term solution

Edited by resilient part 2

10 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Lol, I think you are being a bit tough with Morris he may not be a great all-around type player the Celtics want but he is still a scoring threat and a shooting threat and sometimes that alone will help keep the lanes open for players like Kyrie Irving and Tatum to penetrate, trading Morris with a draft pick might be the long-term solution

I agree Morris has value right now. I think he should continue to come off the bench despite match ups to give that second unit a scoring option. Im not super high on him, but outside of the big 2 and the Jays he is the only guy who can really create his own shot and drain them consistently. He is also one of the better FT shooters on the team. If he is traded, it needs to be for another proven scorer off the bench. Package him for a sixth man of the year candidate type. 

I agree @tonyto36, I often find myself yelling at him to pass the ball. Its almost guaranteed that if he gets the ball he is taking a shot and it's frustrating. However, his scoring ability and the lack thereof of scoring ability of other guys who play bench roles overshadows those faults, especially when almost everyone else on the team plays great D. Again, I wouldnt be opposed to a trade, but it would have to be to get a true scorer as a sixth man.