Boston Celtics Thread

Deadpulse

3 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

Doublepost

EDIT:
In other news, Cousins has been a beast this season.  Good on defense(!), and the best passing big in the league.  Also shooting 7.6 threes per game and hitting a solid 35% of them.

Sure would be nice to have a dominant scoring/passing/rebounding center to compliment Horford...

Also Tatum was a bit disappointing last night.  He got obliterated by Durant until Jaylen and Semi were switched on to KD to save him, not to mention some pretty bad mental errors that we hadn't seen all season, and a combination of not being aggressive enough and teammates/coaching not getting him the ball enough on offense.  Was basically a non-factor when we needed him to give us something.

1st thing, I have agreed with just about everything you said concerning Boston. But will strongly disagree with Tatum. But instead of squabbling over Tatum right now, I'd rather hear on who/what do you think Boston should trade for Cousins? Remember trading any valuable assets for a player that might walk could be disastrous. Also the cap space would not make it possible. Unless Horford was traded as well. So I don't think it is possible.

Edited by resilient part 2

1 hour ago, tonyto36 said:

I don't think Tatum and Horford could survive a whole season at PF/C.  Particularly with each other not giving the other much of a break to take bigger/stronger/harder matchups.

Tatum and AH are also hard to matchup with, so I don't mind. Besides Boston having Haynes goes along way when. Certain matchup are required. 

Boston would not have traded for Cousins at that time because IT did not get along with Cousins and nobody could predict KI coming. Cousins and Horford would be a great inside outside tandem though.

Edited by resilient part 2

19 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

So with Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid looking like both future MVP, HOF calibre players...

...do Celtics fans still think the whole tanking thing was a terrible choice?

No but I was screaming at Stevens for squeaking out BS victories and giving Boston mid to late lottery picks. Costing us potential players (like Embiid over Smart) whatever it's history now.  

i remember that win. i was mad. i wanted them to lose but hard to be too upset at my team for winning games ever. 

i also wanted anyone but smart. 

that year, i wanted embiid but obviously that wasn't realistic. I was hoping Exum would fall to 6 but phew, dodged a bullet there. I thought we were for sure looking at Aaron Gordon but he didn't fall either. 

Then at 6, I wanted them to reach on Zach LaVine. I was all about that. If not LaVine, then I wanted Vonleh (thank god there)... I even wanted Julius Randle over Smart, even though it didn't make sense with Sullinger being thought of as maybe a future piece since they were somewhat similar 

But that said, I'm happy in hindsight with the Smart pick. He's not showing as well as Gordon, or Wiggins, or Embiid obviously or Parker when he's healthy but he's fine enough.