Eric Reid declines Washington’s contract offer

turtle28

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Jesus Christ this is getting ridiculous. I mean, this is embarrassing. Reid is far better than practice squad. 

Its the way things are with Covid now esp being able to protect players on practice late vet signings are going to practice squad like Snacks Harrison in Seattle or  Dez in Bmore to give them time to pass covid protocals without taking a spot and then a little practice time before getting called up.Brown with bucs is really only player I know of that wasn't signed to or from Practice squad straight to a main roster in weeks maybe since season started.

According to guy who broke the story is Reidd was told the Coaches really want to give the rookie(Guessing Curl) a shot,so guessing he wanted to be guarnteed starter or nothing.

• Like 3

Eric Reid operates under the impression that he’s a lot better than he actually is. He was terrible last season — probably the worst coverage safety in the league per a couple different advanced metrics. He’s basically a rather poor man’s Landon Collins at this point, which means he’s good for some splash plays but he’s doing as much or more to help the opposition. It’s not like we just offered a Pro Bowler a PS spot or anything like that.

I can see this both ways, I think. If they had given him the roster spot opened up by Collins’s injury instead of Reaves, I could have understood that. Odds are he’d be better than Reaves even if he’s a shell of what he once was. But I also can’t blame them for wanting to see if he’s willing to work his way onto the team — this is a guy with a lot of interests outside of football, how do we know he would have been ready to play in a scheme he’s never played in, or even be in football shape, from day one? Other high profile players are going the PS-to-active-roster route, but I guess Eric Reid is too good for that. In his mind, at least.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

Its the way things are with Covid now esp being able to protect players on practice late vet signings are going to practice squad like Snacks Harrison in Seattle or  Dez in Bmore to give them time to pass covid protocals without taking a spot and then a little practice time before getting called up.Brown with bucs is really only player I know of that wasn't signed to or from Practice squad straight to a main roster in weeks maybe since season started.

According to guy who broke the story is Reidd was told the Coaches really want to give the rookie(Guessing Curl) a shot,so guessing he wanted to be guarnteed starter or nothing.

I think it’s more aggravating to me because of their approach to the off-season and how it’s continued into the season. If you’re going to tank, then tank. But this whole “were going after the division” crap while only bringing in people absolutely none of us have ever heard of us weird. We just worked out two more guys that basically have never played before. This whole approach is strange. 

• Like 1