Week 8 General Discussion

TecmoSuperJoe

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Please dont bring up injuries about the Broncos. I will repeat this until you understand.

If the Broncos has Von Miller, Jurell Casey and Courtland Sutton, there would not have been a close enough for the Chargers to blow. 

A healthy Chargers destroys a healthy Broncos, no question about it.

1 minute ago, Bearerofnews said:

No they really didn't. This has been the theme for the Chargers all season. Had very little to do with Broncos. Chargers did same thing with KC, TB, NO. Teams who lose double digit leads, happens because of them faltering. Like i said, next week Lock will be back to bench watch. This is what Chargers do. It isnt what Den does.

Well even if the Chargers suck at holding leads the Broncos still beat them. Its kind of like the Broncos beat the Patriots and Cam Newton played bad, the Broncos still beat them.

If i say Chargers lose a double digit lead or Den has a double digit come back. Which one is surprising and which isnt.

I will say the Chargers have been on the bottom of the Broncos heel for the better part of 15 years so them losing this game shouldnt be surprising to you especially with a rookie QB.

Just now, Bearerofnews said:

NE was never up 21 points.

I agree but the Broncos still beat them just like they beat the Chargers. Not saying there isn't something wrong with the Chargers that lead to the loss but that's the Chargers fault, the Broncos did their part.

• Like 1

Just now, jofos said:

I agree but the Broncos still beat them just like they beat the Chargers. Not saying there isn't something wrong with the Chargers that lead to the loss but that's the Chargers fault, the Broncos did their part.

Thats what Im saying. Good point Jofos. A team doesnt just lost because they suck, the other team beats them and wins because they played well.

I will say the Chargers have been on the bottom of the Broncos heel for the better part of 15 years so them losing this game shouldnt be surprising to you especially with a rookie QB.

Thats when the Broncos were actually good and only time Chargers lost a 21 point lead to Den was with a Peyton on the verge of his MVP season.  Not Drew Fn Lock who came in this game with what 1 td and 4 ints, completing 55% of his passes.

1 minute ago, jofos said:

Yes Den had to execute. But their execution would net moot results, if Chargers dont self implode. The keyword there "self".

If Chargers weren't self imploders, they'd be a powerhouse the past 12 years. This isnt a new trend for them.

Thats when the Broncos were actually good and only time Chargers lost a 21 point lead to Den was with a Peyton on the verge of his MVP season.  Not Drew Fn Lock who came in this game with what 1 td and 4 ints, completing 55% of his passes.

I joined the party late so are you just saying that Drew Lock sucks and he had nothing to to with the Broncos win?

3 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

If Drew Lock is that bad how does that make you feel about Justin Herbert for taking a 24-3 blown lead loss to Drew? 

Wouldnt expect you to think hes actually good........right? Franchise QBs dont blow 24-3 leads.......right?

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

If Drew Lock is that bad how does that make you feel about Justin Herbert for taking a 24-3 blown lead loss to Drew? 

Wouldnt expect you to think hes actually good........right?

Justin put 30 points on the board for his team. His defense folded to a guy who had like 40 yds the entire first half. 

Herbert will keep doing his thing, a historic rookie pace and next week Den fans will be calling for Lock's benching. Lock is Cutler v.2.

My point is Drew sucks and only looked good in the 2nd half because Chargers do what they do in the 2nd half and fell apart.

Ill use my fav. gif from the Browns forum to describe the Chargers despite drafting nothing but defensive players for a decade and getting beat by Drew Lock

yj8GuC.gif

Edited by AkronsWitness

Ill use my fav. gif from the Browns forum to describe the Chargers despite drafting nothing but defensive players for a decade

yj8GuC.gif

That's my point. They are embarrassing in the 2nd half, on defense. Doesn't matter who they draft. Its their DC' who fails to adjust. Bosa goes out, so pressure on Lock disappears. What does Den do without getting pressure and no Von... call some blitzes. What does Gus do. Keep calling 4 man rushes with soft zones all game.

5 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Justin put 30 points on the board for his team. His defense folded to a guy who had like 40 yds the entire first half. 

Herbert will keep doing his thing, a historic rookie pace and next week Den fans will be calling for Lock's benching. Lock is Cutler v.2.

Drew put up 31 points on the board for his team.....the Broncos defense folded the entire first half....we can do this all day long. Stop being dumb.

Just because the Broncos beat the Chargers doesnt mean the Chargers suck, it means the Broncos played really well and adjusted. Take it for what it is.

Edited by AkronsWitness