Building Bullies Mock

Sugashane

16 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

We would have to start a thread here just to post the best/dumbest Facebook and social media posts. 

There used to be a BearsFacebook twitter account but they haven't posted in forever. The owner would just post the dumb **** fans wrote on the Bears official facebook page

None of the trades are realistic.

Nobody is going to trade a 5th for either Leno or Massie.

TEN needs help on defense, and isn't going to trade a 2nd for 1 year of anthony miller. They'd be much better keeping it and snagging a WR they can have for 4 years. Also, AJ Brown is a stud, idk what you're talking about.

No way NYG trades the #2 pick and drops all the way to 25. Doesn't matter if they get Arob and a 1st next year, they would then need to pay 12. NYG can stay at 2 and take fields or Penei and walk away thrilled

you're FA is unrealistic as well. why would they, in this scenario, draft fields, have foles getting paid ~7M guaranteed, and then go out and sign RG3? Why would he even sign here? all the other FA you have are either underpaid (Thomas should get more than that, either from SF or someone else taking a chance on him), or overpaid (1.2M for a 37 year old AP? Lazard and Ross deals?)

You're Oline solution is almost too excessive. Daniels, Whitehair, Bars, Mustipher are joined by AV, Banner, Sharpe, Ifedi, 2 draft picks - and you need these young guys like Bars, Mustipher and our 2 draft picks this past year because the cap is going to be lower this year - can't have everyone making all that money.

You serious with that WR room? you have Mooney as the #1 then a #3 at best in Lazard, then a handful of bottom roster guys in Wims, Ridley and Ross. You don't even have the 5th round pick collins making the team. 

This offseason might work in Madden - but it is extremely unrealistic IRL. I'm not trying to bust balls, i appreciate the effort, but this is fantasy land

I am pretty confident about this unit being addressed in need of a massive upgrade in 2021. A bit of a spoiler as I have begun work on my yearly throw crap at the wall off season. For the Oline I would do this.

1. Cut Massie, you save between 6-6.5M depending on either Spotrac or OTC.
2. FT and trade ARob for a 2021 2nd and a conditional 2022 4th to the Ravens. They need a WR of his caliber. (I know I know - that unit needs talent and playmakers but I address it in the full off season).
3. With our 1st round pick (could fall into the 19-24 range) we draft Sam Cosmi and slot him into RT for the 1st year (He has been a good LT at Texas and has good footwork and strength against edge rushers). In all mocks he is graded a sure 1st rounder but the position varies from 15-26.
4. I think we will see the CAP raised to about 190M for 2021. With the restructures and cuts I will claw back about another 20M and kick the can down the road with the blind hope that in 2022 we will see a significant rise in the CAP to about 215-220M.
5. With all that CAP we can sign Joe Thuney who has been a 2nd team All Pro twice and will with Cosmi shore up the right side. He will be 28 this coming year and I would offer him a 4/62M (15.5M AAV) with a 20M signing bonus and 37M guaranteed which is 60% of the total contract. Details later.
6. We can draft a 2nd tackle with the xtra 2nd pick but I think we draft a LT next year with the 1st pick if we decide Cosmi is too rock solid to move from RT.

QB will be addressed in both FA and the draft when I publish the mock off season.
It means we painfully move on from both Biscuit and Foles. I said I would go radical and I did.

So next year´s OLine would look like this:
LT - Leno
LG - Daniels
C - Whitehair
RG - Thuney
RT - Cosmi

On 11/2/2020 at 4:08 PM, HuskieBear said:

None of the trades are realistic.

Nobody is going to trade a 5th for either Leno or Massie.

TEN needs help on defense, and isn't going to trade a 2nd for 1 year of anthony miller. They'd be much better keeping it and snagging a WR they can have for 4 years. Also, AJ Brown is a stud, idk what you're talking about.

No way NYG trades the #2 pick and drops all the way to 25. Doesn't matter if they get Arob and a 1st next year, they would then need to pay 12. NYG can stay at 2 and take fields or Penei and walk away thrilled

you're FA is unrealistic as well. why would they, in this scenario, draft fields, have foles getting paid ~7M guaranteed, and then go out and sign RG3? Why would he even sign here? all the other FA you have are either underpaid (Thomas should get more than that, either from SF or someone else taking a chance on him), or overpaid (1.2M for a 37 year old AP? Lazard and Ross deals?)

You're Oline solution is almost too excessive. Daniels, Whitehair, Bars, Mustipher are joined by AV, Banner, Sharpe, Ifedi, 2 draft picks - and you need these young guys like Bars, Mustipher and our 2 draft picks this past year because the cap is going to be lower this year - can't have everyone making all that money.

You serious with that WR room? you have Mooney as the #1 then a #3 at best in Lazard, then a handful of bottom roster guys in Wims, Ridley and Ross. You don't even have the 5th round pick collins making the team. 

This offseason might work in Madden - but it is extremely unrealistic IRL. I'm not trying to bust balls, i appreciate the effort, but this is fantasy land

All points noted, I'm going to post my counterpoints

I doubt any of us assumed Sanu would fetch a 2nd round pick either. With those two their caps for the new team would be pretty cheap for starting OTs since we would be paying the dead cap amounts. Honestly I'd take a 7th to be rid of them but think they could fetch a 5th.

It's not a 2nd for Miller, it's a 2nd for Miller and our 3rd. Both are late picks (I'm betting TEN being the later pick in the draft for what its worth) so Miller is just the difference between the two rounds. They also get an audition to see what he can do, since Vrabel runs a tighter ship than what we have in Chicago. Brown has potential to be top 10 but stud is way more than he deserves right now. Last year was really solid but he's had one monster game and one good one yardage wise, hes a damn good redzone threat - while the defense is focusing on Henry. He isn't getting doubled or anything refularly like the top guys do from the games I've watched. 

Giants probably wouldnt but cap woildnt be the reason why. Even with the min of $175mil they have over $20 mil available. That's before any cuts, trades, and restructures. They could easily afford him, especially by structuring it to where his cap hit is largest when Solder is able to be cut in 2022 to save $14 mil alone.

Because Foles was a bad signing and is a stopgap. What new HC wants to bank on him not being regular trash? He is irrelevant to the new regime and would be traded for pennies of anyone would take on the deal. I'd tell him he is going to be a healthy scratch the whole season  on hopes of him opting out on his own accord. RGIII is a guy who knows the system and has supposedly been a great mentor for Lamar Jackson. Also look at the offense, it revolves around the QB being mobile and a solid run game. How would Foles fit that system? He wouldnt. If Thomas gets more than that then move on. His production has dropped each year and now he is coming off a major injury. If someone wants to throw real money at then then best of luck. 

I disagree on the OL. Look at our OL now.  Poor OTs (Massie is down), two starting IOL are injured and we have boderline PS level talent spreading around. We're hoping Daniel's bounces back but he was even suspect in some games. Dropping two overpaid OTs is lowering the cap allotment to the OL and their dead cap drops off entirely in 2022. The OL here probably has about the same financial allotment as this year's OL but with a higher ceiling. And these guys can at least run block. 

You can't fill every hole in every draft or offseason, even in a cap restricted year. This progresses the QB and entire OL. Next offseason you have far less holes to address. Right now we are weak at QB, HB2, both OTs and no one at RG unless we re-sign Ifedi - who has failed off since his string start as the season wore on. After this you have WR to focus on and HB. Far easier to fix IMO and can be done with picks and cheaper FAs than solid OL. 

It's all good and I appreciate the feedback, this is all just a passtime, I wouldnt bet $10 on any of these moves actually happening, I still think we are stuck with Pace and Nagy for 2021. Which really means none of these would happen. Lol