Why don't the fans run the NFL

NeptunePenguins

Just now, ET80 said:

Dude, do you remember Montee Ball!? He went to Denver back when Denver was the RB capital of the world!? I was SO wrong on that one.

Knowshon Moreno! He also bombed out in Denver! 

Man, I really don't know anything! 🤣

Moreno was sidelined by injuries though. Couldn't stay healthy after the middle of his second year.

6 hours ago, ET80 said:
17 hours ago, Kirill said:

Because you gotta know somebody to get the job. You get me in the office with an owner I'll leave with that GM job. I'm just not getting into that office.

No. No you're not. You - specifically, YOU - really don't know what you're talking about.

No shot this is serious, right? 

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

Argument:

Fans do run the league. Almost every team's owner was a fan of the franchise before they bought or inherited the team. Arthur Blank is the best example of this in ATlanta. He used to sit at games with my grandfather in the 70s while he was working in corporate America before he founded home depot.

Because I'm afraid this one got lost by page break.

• Like 1

Also, let's be honest here, most NFL fans would barely be qualified enough to work in the media or equipment departments of NFL teams. You have to be organized, intelligent, etc. NFL teams are a beast in and of themselves. I had an interview for a sales gig selling tickets and PSL's for the Falcons before they built their new stadium and I was shocked even there of what I didn't know that I didn't know. And before that interview, I'd been doing sales of some sort for 6 years.

Edited by scar988
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, scar988 said:

Also, let's be honest here, most NFL fans would barely be qualified enough to work in the media or equipment departments of NFL teams. You have to be organized, intelligent, etc. NFL teams are a beast in and of themselves. I had an interview for a sales gig selling tickets and PSL's for the Falcons before they built their new stadium and I was shocked even there of what I didn't know that I didn't know. And before that interview, I'd been doing sales of some sort for 6 years.

This is some good insight and it really shines a light on the biggest problem with fans running the NFL, which is that we are simply not qualified for the job. No company in the world grows as big as the NFL has without hiring the right people for the right job. They may make mistakes here and there but the majority of hires are there for a reason and the fact that they're a 15 billion dollar company is proof of this. 

17 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Just because adam Gase is the 32nd ranked HC doesn’t mean youre the 33rd.  The worst HC/GM still is significantly more qualified than the average fan

This is a good way to put it.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2020 at 12:36 AM, JAF-N72EX said:

This is some good insight and it really shines a light on the biggest problem with fans running the NFL, which is that we are simply not qualified for the job. No company in the world grows as big as the NFL has without hiring the right people for the right job. They may make mistakes here and there but the majority of hires are there for a reason and the fact that they're a 15 billion dollar company is proof of this. 

This is a good way to put it.

FWIW, I was offered the job because I'm excellent with sales. I chose to go into banking and loans instead. That doesn't mean that I knew the best way to go about it. And they even said that I'd have to do a 1 month training program before I could do the full job... but like, it was still shocking how much we don't know about these teams.

Edited by scar988