Why don't the fans run the NFL

NeptunePenguins

37 minutes ago, NeptunePenguins said:

One thing I realized is that the experts don't know ANYTHING about the NFL. They are always wrong and the fans are right way more often. Look at the 2007 Patriots. that is proof. The fans need to run the NFL teams instead.

I can not do any trades just as good as gute doesnt do them

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I've read the opinions here for 10+ years - fans are PLENTY wrong.

No no no  you aren't listening to me. Everyone here claims the Eagles will lose the Superbowl against the Patriots but the Eagles won the Superbowl last year against the high powered Raiders offense. The Patriots  QB is 38 and has the worst arm in the league. They have no chance. The experts are wrong.

Edited by NeptunePenguins

You're giving fans entirely WAAAYY too much credit.  That is a terrible idea for many reasons.

1) Some fans already act as if being a GM or coach in real life is as simple as it is in a Madden video game.  

2) The majority are not as knowledgeable as you might think they are. 

3) Fans are terrible talent evaluators. We think we know what we see in X player and may even have sound reasoning behind our beliefs, but we are wrong more times than not. Whether we want to admit it or not. And let's face it, most won't admit it. *In the OP's defense this sounds awfully familiar to alot of GMs as well.*

4) We're far too impulsive and have zero patience for development.  For example, if a QB has one bad game during a prime time game and one season then he is terrible and overrated. Likewise, if a QB has one good game/season then he is a franchise QB and will be the face of the team for the next 10 years.

5) If you think Special Teams play is terrible now, then try letting fans choose the coaching philosophy for coverage/return units and which players fit with it.  I mention STs because this is where we need to be perfectly honest with ourselves as fans and admit that while a small majority may know a little bit about some of the intricacies on offense and defense. We don't know a damn thing about coverage units or how it works or how to gameplan for an opposing team. And any person on this site who denies this is straight up lying. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, NeptunePenguins said:

One thing I realized is that the experts don't know ANYTHING about the NFL.

Leonardo Dicaprio Calvin Candie GIF

They are always wrong and the fans are right way more often.

leonardo dicaprio wink GIF

Look at the 2007 Patriots. that is proof. The fans need to run the NFL teams instead.

Leonardo Dicaprio Ok GIF

Look at the 2007 Patriots. that is proof.

sad leonardo dicaprio GIF

2007 Patriots.

catch me if you can GIF

that is proof.

if you know what i mean smile GIF

The fans need to run the NFL teams instead.

leonardo dicaprio car GIF by Josh Rigling

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NeptunePenguins said:

One thing I realized is that the experts don't know ANYTHING about the NFL. They are always wrong and the fans are right way more often. Look at the 2007 Patriots. that is proof. The fans need to run the NFL teams instead.

You sir have clearly never ventured into the NFL Draft section of these forums and read @VanS takes, eh? 😂