Ravens DL Calais Campbell suffers calf injury; Likely out multiple weeks

RaidersAreOne

Well couple weeks isn’t necessarily what I wanted to hear. Well with the Patriots as depleted as they are, we should be able to tough it out without him. The Titans game is the game where he was probably MOST needed and now it looks like he won’t be available. However the Titans defense seems quite exploitable.

If we can get Campbell back fully healthy and refreshed for the thanksgiving Steelers game than that would be a boon. Hopefully we’ll have Humphrey back this week (if all goes well and he suffers no Covid-19 complications). Since he tested positive last Sunday and it’s been 8 days, hopefully he’ll be back on Wednesday for preparation against the Patriots. Oh well, last years team suffered little actual adversity and they folded in the playoffs because they were too soft mentally. I say bring on the adversity, make this a tougher team for the playoff stretch run.

• Like 1

Now that I think about it Jihad Ward was having some quality performances when he subbed in for  Derek Wolfe and Justin Madubuike. We likely activate him for game days. We’ll see what he has to show us. I think he can definitely help out the defense and would’ve been able to help in that Colts game if he could’ve been able to play. I’m looking forward to what he’s able to show us in the next couple weeks at least.

3 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Now that I think about it Jihad Ward was having some quality performances when he subbed in for  Derek Wolfe and Justin Madubuike. We likely activate him for game days. We’ll see what he has to show us. I think he can definitely help out the defense and would’ve been able to help in that Colts game if he could’ve been able to play. I’m looking forward to what he’s able to show us in the next couple weeks at least.

I agree with regards to Jihad Ward and was actually quite surprised that he was inactive against the Colts. I’ve been underwhelmed by Wolfe as I expected him to be more disruptive. He seems solid in the run game and he has had a few good pass reps when running stunts, but I would still prefer Jihad Ward both short- and long term.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rein said:

I agree with regards to Jihad Ward and was actually quite surprised that he was inactive against the Colts. I’ve been underwhelmed by Wolfe as I expected him to be more disruptive. He seems solid in the run game and he has had a few good pass reps when running stunts, but I would still prefer Jihad Ward both short- and long term.

I think for Ward it's just a numbers thing with the addition of Ngakoue, not that the team doesn't like what he can provide.