Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball Discussion Thread #31

X_Factor_40

1 hour ago, Lions017 said:

I would now be willing to trade one of Eugenio Suarez, Eduardo Escobar, Kyle Seager, or Matt Chapman. Looking for a OF or SP. 

I hate to trade Betts, who I drafted in my first year in this league, but I like Albies a lot and Blackmon should be good for a while too. The other two are nice bonuses. 

I remember when you drafted him. I didn’t think he would be nearly as good as he’s become. You were sure right on that one.

i was obviously totally, absolutely, completely, brain dead wrong!

2 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

I remember when you drafted him. I didn’t think he would be nearly as good as he’s become. You were sure right on that one.

i was obviously totally, absolutely, completely, brain dead wrong!

You and me both.

Anyone but Harper, Trout are sale-able. Andrus included. Mostly looking for young and picks again. Would really like to get my hands on a young up and coming SP

Well, I like trading and shuffling picks and players. It was the best part of this league. Active owners. 

Speaking of which, I’ve been active trying to overcome my lack of attention.

It seems while I was away, pitching categories have increased. Either that or I just forgot.?

Its why Harper was available. I was going to wait it out and improve pitching at the deadline. But I couldn’t wait.?‍♂️

I kept Profar over Betts the off-season before he broke out, definitely one of top roster move regrets for me in this league. 

I have a surplus of bats I'm willing to move for SP help and maybe a C/OF upgrade. Rendon, EE, Hosmer, Kemp, Souza and Mancini are available. 

I'll also consider moving Hoskins and Benintendi if the right deal comes along. 

Well a bit shocked to be 3-3 at this point.  Looking at the numbers it seems to be more luck than success.

Only doing okay in couple cats.

HR- #2 

L- #3

Saves- #2

BAA- #4

ERA - #5

Players are doing decent. Gallo, Ramirez and Lindor all 2nd in MLB with 2 HR each and Nomar not too far behind at 10.

Gallo (1B-8th, 

Ramirez (2B- #1 overall, 3B- #2 overall)

Lindor (SS- #2 overall)

Hader (RP- #1 overall)

Diaz (RP- #2 overall)

On 5/10/2018 at 3:24 PM, FootballPhreak said:

Heh, ya at this rate maybe I can waste both their careers :(

I recall Phreak and many others saying Outfielders were not worth it as Keepers back in the day, now look!  @@

4 hours ago, FootballPhreak said:

Probably only reason I was able to get these guys. Try trading for Altuve or Arenado, I dare you.

I have! What do I win?!?

I think that's more about where we as owners value a player than it is about a player's inherent value. For example, the top end SP always make up about 5 of the top 10 players in this league, but SP is always heavily devalued here. I think it's largely because people seem to be worried about injury, but everyone gets hurt. It seems as though it's more difficult to replace an injured SP. In my mind that should make the reliable high end SP even more valuable, but other owners feel differently. Other owners seem to feel that the incredibly deep pool of SP means that it's easy to ignore them up top while concentrating on positions with less perceived scarcity. Since we all hold an average of 6 SP, (including those that have none,) I don't think that surplus actually exists. (Others think streaming pitching is a solid option, and I can't disagree with that angle.)

However, the year I won the championship I didn't invest much into my SP. Last year Detfan won it while basically making a point of ignoring his pitching. Other years owners have won with heavy investments in their respective rotations. I think that rather than devaluing a position at a single level through the years, it's more about going against the trends and doing what other owners aren't. When everyone is ignoring pitching, scoop em up. Once their value becomes excessively inflated, start ignoring them ala 2017 Detfan.

The OF position suffers from the same perception to a lesser degree.

Trout is clearly the best player in fantasy. After him, there are a chunk of guys that either consistently finish in the top 10,  or have the potential to break out into the best player (or maybe 2nd best) in the game at any given time, or both; (Altuve, Arenado, Scherzer, Sale, Lindor, Correa, Betts, Harper, etc).

Anyway, that's where I stand!

Archived