Our team is cursed!

Skinscavalier

Sadly I believe our team is cursed! We haven't been a great team since 1991-1992 season! It has been 29 years of being in the abyss of the NFL. We have gone through multiple HCs, QBs and team alignments but the same things seemed to always occur. Last time we had a franchise QB was with Sonny! Theismann was slightly above average but if he didn't have the Hogs & Riggins he would had just been an ordinary QB, Williams had the game of his life for his Super Bowl win and Rypien had the one year where we had the #1 offensive and the #2 defense. We have not had a QB where the game is on the line, 2 minutes to go and you felt like he would win the game for you. How is it possible to totally screw up drafting QBs like we have done!?! I believe the curse is our owner, Dan Snyder. Until he sells the team, this team will not even see a division playoff win! When is the last time this team was 11-5 or better! Not since he has owned the team. He sucks!  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Skinscavalier said:

Sadly I believe our team is cursed! We haven't been a great team since 1991-1992 season! It has been 29 years of being in the abyss of the NFL. We have gone through multiple HCs, QBs and team alignments but the same things seemed to always occur. Last time we had a franchise QB was with Sonny! Theismann was slightly above average but if he didn't have the Hogs & Riggins he would had just been an ordinary QB, Williams had the game of his life for his Super Bowl win and Rypien had the one year where we had the #1 offensive and the #2 defense. I believe the curse is our owner, Dan Snyder. Until he sells the team, this team will not even see a division playoff win! When is the last time this team was 11-5 or better! Not since he has owned the team. He sucks!  

Bolded is my belief too 😆

We have not had a QB where the game is on the line, 2 minutes to go and you felt like he would win the game for you. How is it possible to totally screw up drafting QBs like we have done!?!

I mean, the Browns are in this boat too. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Skinscavalier said:

Sadly I believe our team is cursed! We haven't been a great team since 1991-1992 season! It has been 29 years of being in the abyss of the NFL. We have gone through multiple HCs, QBs and team alignments but the same things seemed to always occur. Last time we had a franchise QB was with Sonny! Theismann was slightly above average but if he didn't have the Hogs & Riggins he would had just been an ordinary QB, Williams had the game of his life for his Super Bowl win and Rypien had the one year where we had the #1 offensive and the #2 defense. We have not had a QB where the game is on the line, 2 minutes to go and you felt like he would win the game for you. How is it possible to totally screw up drafting QBs like we have done!?! I believe the curse is our owner, Dan Snyder. Until he sells the team, this team will not even see a division playoff win! When is the last time this team was 11-5 or better! Not since he has owned the team. He sucks!  

We have let QBs go that were good and that left us to go to the playoffs, win playoff games and even a Super Bowl for other franchises. Trent Green, Brad Johnson and Kirk Cousins come to mind. That’s not a curse, that’s just a horrible QB personnel decisions bc we didn’t keep the three best QBs this franchise had since Theisman.

Don’t forget we had Brad Johnson who won us a playoff game and then almost got us to the NFC Championship Game - if not for a bad snap on a field goal attempt - but again, Snyder didn’t keep him just like he didn’t keep Kirk Cousins. All Brad Johnson did was leave us, go to Tampa and win a Super Bowl the year after we let him go. Also, Stephen Davis was let go by Cerrato/Spurier in favor of Trung Candidate and Stephen Davis helped carry the Panthers to a Super Bowl game they lost two years after we let him go.

So, the 2002 & 2003 NFC Super Bowl representatives had Brad Johnson & Stephen Davis on them and both of those players were key to our success in 1999 when we won the division, a home playoff game and almost went to the NFC Championship game ourselves.

I don’t think our franchise is cursed, I think for the most part the front office people we’ve hired and the head coaches we’ve hired have made bad decisions on personnel for most of the last 27 years. That was before Snyder bought that team, that goes back to Casserly too after won our last Super Bowl in 1991.

It remains to be seen if that changes under the current regime. They have a lot of work to do to turn things around for this franchise but I’m hopeful that they can find at least a good - if not great - QB in the top 10 of next April’s draft and that pick along with the Chase Young pick on defense will eventually turn this team into a perennial playoff team within 3 years from now.

But it remains to be seen for sure, it may not work at all. We will have to see what happens. I hope that Snyder gives Rivera at least as long as he gave Gruden to turn this team into more than an average team.

Edited by turtle28

Its not a curse. Its Dan looking at the team as a business. Instead of being a team in a competition.

And whats to make Dan change? Everyone hates him. Even if he started putting in effort. Nobody is going to like him. Yet hes going to make the same money. So why would he bother?

This teams fans really need to get into other sports around the world. Sports not under the American System umbrella. Rugby, soccer and whatnot. In all other leagues your position dictates your max pay even in profit share systems. And youre forced to put out a good product or get relegated to a lower league, while another team gets rewarded with a promotion to replace you. Seeing even bad owners, when forced to win for that pay, make drastic changes in trying to succeed. Just a little taste and many would get smacked with the reality of how little Dan cares.

Dan is complacent. Destined to sit around, with near zero effort. And collect checks. 35 million of freed money this year, with no penalty in not spending it. Why on earth would he invest in a player when it can easily go in his pocket?

Edited by PARROTHEAD