The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

X_Factor_40

How are folks watching MNF this coming week?  Curious what you all do.  I was thinking of adding ESPN+ to Hulu for a month.  They make it so hard to watch these games these days with everything on different networks and streaming services.

Looking for opinions as I spend very little on television because too busy to really watch it besides occasional game

4 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

How are folks watching MNF this coming week?  Curious what you all do.  I was thinking of adding ESPN+ to Hulu for a month.  They make it so hard to watch these games these days with everything on different networks and streaming services.

Looking for opinions as I spend very little on television because too busy to really watch it besides occasional game

Fortunately my dad has cable still with Xfinity because he doesnt like change and I use his sign in to go to the various apps that have games (Fox and ESPN mostly).  I had trouble last year trying to find the best solution and this turned out to be the best one for me.   If I get booted off his log in though I would likely just buy one of the streaming services for a few months during the season. 

1 hour ago, detfan782004 said:

I bought a digital tv antenna https://www.amazon.com/TV-Antenna-Indoor-Reception-Amplified/dp/B0D31G6JQR/ref=sr_1_4_mod_primary_new?crid=311MMO48479L5&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.83Ci4cKEwP8GmFNk2aENNYk5KUhfm4HEOIqkhxuXc-8jCLEXWAmhQiHXepg_fx7FKZY4-yUzFzu-1er3eFsVtcEo96Ol6-SqNjB1CvIx1HCnytGD-pizlPI0ISqdEn7inKN0ts7zVjXSUgDqUxqiRBInmwJOd4HOQn8KFcpeQMyVcu0wFX6W7tkF3KWscCdh-8jGa0sJlLasos8adACuQ-mGowzkcwVbLrpjnpzdtQo.ciOuCsiH8uK2cSRTdk9mCQX1m-btei9aGqoeJfsA4PM&dib_tag=se&keywords=tv+antenna&qid=1727197449&sbo=RZvfv%2F%2FHxDF%2BO5021pAnSA%3D%3D&sprefix=tv+antenn%2Caps%2C294&sr=8-4

Something like this. It lets you get the basic channels, so you can always watch Fox, CBS, and ABC. The Lions game will be on ABC.

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Fortunately my dad has cable still with Xfinity because he doesnt like change and I use his sign in to go to the various apps that have games (Fox and ESPN mostly).  I had trouble last year trying to find the best solution and this turned out to be the best one for me.   If I get booted off his log in though I would likely just buy one of the streaming services for a few months during the season. 

i was thinking of adding them to packages for the month of game and booting them back off.  Yea i am cheap when it comes to wasting money

• Like 1

1 hour ago, detfan782004 said:

i was thinking of adding them to packages for the month of game and booting them back off.  Yea i am cheap when it comes to wasting money

Yeah, the one off games I find it easier to go to a friends house or to a bar if I can't get it at home.  The January games will be tougher for me since I will be in FL most of the month so we aren't local there so either need to go to a bar or get the Sunday Ticket if they aren't the preferred game/SNF/MNF.  

But overall I do hate how they have changed things so much and now have to have a bunch of aps or subscriptions and it gets expensive if you dont have a regular live TV provider and since we never watch live TV other than games, I am not paying for that.  

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Yeah, the one off games I find it easier to go to a friends house or to a bar if I can't get it at home.  The January games will be tougher for me since I will be in FL most of the month so we aren't local there so either need to go to a bar or get the Sunday Ticket if they aren't the preferred game/SNF/MNF.  

But overall I do hate how they have changed things so much and now have to have a bunch of aps or subscriptions and it gets expensive if you dont have a regular live TV provider and since we never watch live TV other than games, I am not paying for that.  

Yes becoming harder and harder for avg fan to enjoy I think. Even when we went to KC last year for first game it was insane amount of dough. 

6 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Yes becoming harder and harder for avg fan to enjoy I think. Even when we went to KC last year for first game it was insane amount of dough. 

Yeah, I was looking at going to the MNF game this week and the cheapest seats end up being over $200 each for upper endzones.  

The Tigers really ticked me off but now I need to activate my Bally's 7 day trial to watch them down the stretch.  

On 9/24/2024 at 10:42 AM, detfan782004 said:

the[.]streameast[.]app

Then mirror it to your TV. This is what I do as I spend very little on TV as well.

Edited by LionArkie

Man the Tigers are fun right now.  Such an improbable turn around.  They took some of that Dan Campbell grit and are fighting their way into the playoffs.  3 left at home against the White Sox and hopefully we can clinch it before that and send Jobe out for a real start before the season is done. 

• Like 1