BDL 2020 Week 11 - Lancaster Werewolves @ Portland Horned Owls

Ragnarok

Who wins?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Lancaster Werewolves
    • Portland Horned Owls

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/26/2020 at 05:00 AM

BDL 2020 Week 11

Match: Lancaster Werewolves @ Portland Horned Owls

Away Owner: @rackcs

Home Owner: @EaglesPeteC

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both.

QB: Russell Wilson
RB1: Alvin Kamara
WR1: Mike Evans
WR2: Michael Pittman Jr.
WR3: Diontae Johnson
TE: Jonnu Smith
LT: Terron Armstead
LG: Quenton Nelson
C.: Frank Ragnow
RG: Gabe Jackson
RT: Lane Johnson

RB2: Miles Sanders
WR4: Emmanuel Sanders
WR5: Breshad Perriman
WR6: A.J. Green
TE2: Logan Thomas
OL: Riley Reiff
OL: Robert Hunt
OL: Connor McGovern

DE: Joey Bosa
DT: Javon Kinlaw
DT: Kenny Clark
DE: T.J. Watt
LB: Bobby Wagner
LB: Fred Warner
CB: Jalen Ramsey
CB: Jaire Alexander
CB: Kevin King (Q)
FS: Eddie Jackson
SS: Jonathan Abrams

INT: Linval Joseph
INT: Jarran Reed
EDGE: Clelin Ferrell
LB: Willie Gay Jr.
CB: Chris Harris Jr.
CB: Brian Poole
CB: Malcolm Butler
S: Taylor Rapp

Lancaster Offensive Strategy: We want to attack Portland this week with a balanced attack with a slight focus on passing (60/40). In the passing game we think we can get lots of favorable matchups so we're going to be doing lots of motion and movement pre-snap to help identify the opposing coverage and coverage assignments. We'll use this to help Wilson identify the matchups we feel comfortable with so he can exploit them. We want to score early and often to gain a lead and force Portland to pass more. Once this happens we want to go more to the running game to eat up clock.

The Passing Strategy: As I said before, we're going to be doing lots of motions to identify man and zone coverage and, if in man, to see who is covering who. We'll mainly be moving around Kamara and Smith (and Sanders when he's in) to see who is covering them. We want to go after Martinez in coverage if he's covering one of our guys. As for the wide receivers, we're going with our usual 3 WR base because Portland's CB depth is shaky and we also feel good about matchups here. We especially want to go after Jamar Taylor as we feel we can really cook him up.

The Running Strategy: For the running game we want to again just do our tried and true, our usual. We want to do runs outside with pulling OL to put blockers in front of Kamara and give him room to make moves and create big plays. When we run inside we also want to having a pulling OL to minimize the defenders in front of Kamara. All he has to do is make one guy miss and he can house a run, and he can sure make guys miss. The main function of our running game this week will be to slow the pace down once we have the lead. We want to eat up the clock and keep Portland's offense off the field once they're behind.

Lancaster Defensive Strategy: Our offensive plan is to gain an early lead so that Portland is forced to pass. Therefore our defensive focus this week will be on disrupting the passing game. We want to get a lot of pressure up the middle of their OL with lots of stunts and other trickery from our EDGE guys. We also want to blitz often. We want Cousins to be skittish in the pocket and constantly on the run. We are going to trust our secondary against their WRs in mostly one-on-one matchups by blitzing like this.

The Pass Defense Strategy: Jalen Ramsey will cover Mike Williams, Jaire Alexander will cover Davante Adams, and Kevin King will cover Travis Fulgham. If King can't play again, Harris will take this assignment. Eddie Jackson will be playing over the top in a deep zone. Jonathan Abrams will be playing closer to the line and covering Mark Andrews. Wagner and Alexander will take turns either blitzing or covering McKinnon if he comes out of the backfield. The blitzing player will occasionally play a middle zone. We think we can gets tons of pressure up the middle of this OL and so that's where we're going to bring the heat with blitzes. As mentioned above we're also going to be using stunts to get our elite pass rushers up against interior offensive linemen.

The Run Defense Strategy: We feel comfortable with our matchups here against the Portland OL. On obvious rushing downs Linval Joseph will swap in for Kinlaw. We've also got Abrams playing up in the box as an extra defender.

2 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Rags literally said he didn't get one on time from Pete. No drama here. Please move along 

I'm not creating drama, I simply didn't understand your previous comment. I didn't see anything from Rags either way because I wasn't in the thread at the time. 

All I did was ask a completely justifiable question. 

Edited by wwhickok

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I'm not creating drama, I simply didn't understand your previous comment. I didn't see anything from Rags either way because I wasn't in the thread at the time. 

You made an assumption in your question instead of just asking.  I'm not gonna add to this thread any more unnecessarily 

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I got the Lancaster write up on time.  Still have nothing from @EaglesPeteC.  I'm giving it some more time in case Pete gets something in late.  For some people, this late has already decided the match up.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Thank you for the respectful response and explanation

I always vote against late game plans. And even Jlash turned his in after the first games were played (not a very serious one) but if he had actually tried he would have an unfair advantage seeing how players performed in the first games as he submitted it after those games were over. So it’s only fair to auto vote against those imo. I was three minutes late and I will still vote against myself this week. 

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

I always vote against late game plans. And even Jlash turned his in after the first games were played (not a very serious one) but if he had actually tried he would have an unfair advantage seeing how players performed in the first games as he submitted it after those games were over. So it’s only fair to auto vote against those imo. I was three minutes late and I will still vote against myself this week. 

I knew the situation with Jlash. I didn't with Pete, thats the only reason I posed the question

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

Also Blue said he wasn’t writing his. Meaning Mwil was writing it.

Thats fine. My point simply was that Bcb suggested Pete (thats the way it came across) said he wasn't writing one. I didn't know that but I did know Blue said the same and they had one in. So, since I didn't know Rags said something about it, Bob's comment seemed like he was saying he was making an assumption based on what pete said.