Official FF BSET - The Wire vs Schitt's Creek

Deadpulse

Round 1 - Lord Crow  

29 members have voted

1. 1. 10th seed vs 55th seed

• The Wire (10)
    • Schitt's Creek (55)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2020 at 09:00 PM

I'm disappointed I just now found this thread. It's really hard to compare these shows. I've seen both all the way from start to finish and they bring so much uniqueness.

The Wire is unparalleled at how it brought the city of Baltimore to life and had every season connect or tell a different part of the same story.

Schitt's Creek is unparalleled because more than any show I've ever watched, I felt like every episode was just transporting me out of reality into their world and it was a place where you could escape and just have something positive to laugh at for 30 minutes. It felt like every aspect of the show was perfect, from the casting to the characters to the plots and the jokes and the messaging.

I think I would vote for The Wire just because when I think of "which show would be easier to replicate?", The Wire just can't be done again I don't think.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls
  • Like 1

On 12/14/2020 at 11:12 AM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'm disappointed I just now found this thread. It's really hard to compare these shows. I've seen both all the way from start to finish and they bring so much uniqueness.

The Wire is unparalleled at how it brought the city of Baltimore to life and had every season connect or tell a different part of the same story.

Schitt's Creek is unparalleled because more than any show I've ever watched, I felt like every episode was just transporting me out of reality into their world and it was a place where you could escape and just have something positive to laugh at for 30 minutes. It felt like every aspect of the show was perfect, from the casting to the characters to the plots and the jokes and the messaging.

I think I would vote for The Wire just because when I think of "which show would be easier to replicate?", The Wire just can't be done again I don't think.

So true on the bolded which has always been tough for me for sitcoms. The humor was absolutely perfect to me, the dryness of it is right up my alley. 

The best part about that show for me is that there were moments I’d notice i would be tearing up and have to dry my eyes, but then I’d be right to laughing again. So freaking perfect.

The character development specifically in David, and Alexis is absolutely incredible, especially Alexis.

The moments like David explaining he likes wine, not the label as well was a big moment that was super important.

The real bright spot for that show was when Noah Reid came in as Patrick, the chemistry he had with David was fantastic and they both became my favorite characters.

Such a good show. So happy i watched it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

So true on the bolded which has always been tough for me for sitcoms. The humor was absolutely perfect to me, the dryness of it is right up my alley. 

The best part about that show for me is that there were moments I’d notice i would be tearing up and have to dry my eyes, but then I’d be right to laughing again. So freaking perfect.

The character development specifically in David, and Alexis is absolutely incredible, especially Alexis.

The moments like David explaining he likes wine, not the label as well was a big moment that was super important.

The real bright spot for that show was when Noah Reid came in as Patrick, the chemistry he had with David was fantastic and they both became my favorite characters.

Such a good show. So happy i watched it.

man I can't agree with this more. It's just such a perfect show on every level.